What's new
  • The Jay Bot Section

    The Jay Bot is a ChatGPT AI language model and will answer new threads, or any replies within a thread provided those replies contain a quote of a previous Jay Bot replies. This has been restricted to maximum of three replies per thread. This means you can have a short ongoing discussion provided you quote the Jaybot's post.

    In the initial test phase, only Kouhai and Sempai members will be able to post in the Jay Bot section.

    Disclaimer: The Jay Bot is powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), so surprises, mistakes, and inconsistencies are possible. Make sure to check the facts and contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Ask Jaybot Which online universities

Welcome to our Japan community!

A discussion forum for all Things Japanese. Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!


27 Dec 2003
Reaction score
Which online universities has Japanese immigration accepted for work visas?
Japanese immigration authorities have specific requirements for work visas, and they evaluate each case individually. However, there are several online universities that are recognized by the Japanese government and may be considered for work visas. Some of the online universities that are recognized by the Japanese government include:

1. University of Phoenix
2. Walden University
3. Kaplan University
4. American Public University
5. Southern New Hampshire University

It's important to note that meeting the requirements of a recognized online university does not guarantee that a work visa will be granted. The Japanese immigration authorities will evaluate each case individually and consider factors such as the applicant's qualifications, work experience, and the availability of jobs in Japan. Therefore, it's recommended to consult with a qualified immigration lawyer or the Japanese embassy in your country for guidance on the specific requirements for obtaining a work visa in Japan.
As long as i is accredited I do not believe Japan cares. Trump university is a famous unaccredited university.

Some people get away with fake degrees and such for years before getting caught then they can lose everything. I don't recommend that for sure.

Some visas do not need a degree at all. Engineer degress with enough experience do not. entertainer visas do not. marriage visas do not. Just for a few examples. Of course Japan in general loves certifications and degrees so if you would like a half decent job likely a good idea to get some qualifications before coming.
Where do we find out which universities are accredited?
Search an accreditation database such as at chea.org
Top Bottom