What's new

Where Can I Get Japanese Subtitles?

lv426

先輩
27 Jan 2005
I'm trying to get my girlfriend to watch lost, but she finds it hard to watch shows in English. English subs do work, but I think to watch a complicated series like this she would prefer Japanese ones. Does anyone know where I might find subtitles like these? Many thanks!

lv426 finding Japanese subtitles for any program shown on British tv may be near impossible to find due to the fact that teletext subtitles and sky subtitles are in English. British tv does not have the available bandwidth to carry subtitles in any other language but English.

How ever you mentioned the series Lost, I think you will find that if you get hold of any of the DVD's and look in the Subtitles menu you may be able to switch on Japanese subtitles,if they are included. Most DVD's are available in multi region format, if you search around the net im sure you will find shows with Japanese subtitles on the discs.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I already have the DVD's so not really looking to re-buy them again. Arnt there any sites where u could just down load the subtitles, maybe a Japanese site specilising in that e.g. as we have sites where fans translate Japanese anime into English subs?

One thing you could try is this site ive found, just click on this link :- http://www.mysubtitles.com/subtitles/Japanese++日本語+subtitle/subtitles-download/35.html , It may help.

One other thing you must be carefull of is breaching Copyright laws. Most tv shows around the world are heavilly Copyrighted and penalties do exist if they are breached. As for Japanese anime being translated into English, I think you will find it is allowed as neither the video or audio tracks are being changed, just the subtitles.

Back
Top Bottom