What's new

Where can I find a kanmuri (hat) for sale?

Den

後輩
11 May 2017
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a kanmuri. Does anyone know where I can purchase one or make one myself? Preferably under 100$, but anything helps! Please help!

Attachments

• KANMURI HAT 2.jpg
    KANMURI HAT 2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,190
Do you want one in the exact style as shown in the picture you posted? Is a used/antique one OK?
I came across listings for a couple of antique ones sold on the Japanese Yahoo auction site for around $40 each. That seller may not have any on hand now, though.
New, professionally-made ones look to be well over your budget.
I came across a blog entry of a person who made their own. Close-up, it looks shoddy, but, for example, as seen from an audience seated fairly far away, it would look fine. Is something like this good enough?

Do you want one in the exact style as shown in the picture you posted? Is a used/antique one OK?
I came across listings for a couple of antique ones sold on the Japanese Yahoo auction site for around $40 each. That seller may not have any on hand now, though.
New, professionally-made ones look to be well over your budget.
I came across a blog entry of a person who made their own. Close-up, it looks shoddy, but, for example, as seen from an audience seated fairly far away, it would look fine. Is something like this good enough?
No, I doesn't have to be the exact same.An antique one would be fine, too, and it doesn't have to be in the best condition. Can you please send me those links?

I searched again, but couldn't find the blog post for the person who built their own kanmuri. Sorry.
On the site listed below, you can find several different styles of Shinto hat for sale, including kanmuri and eboshi. Some of these items are in your price range (not the kanmuri, though).
雅楽専門店雅房 狩衣、神官装束烏帽子 www.gabow.co.jp
Too bad the yahoo auction had already ended, but thanks anyways. If you ever happen to see a kanmuri for sale, please tell me.

Can you read Japanese at all? It seems that there is an auction every so often. If you open a Japanese Yahoo Auction account now, you should be able to set up some kind of alert to notify you when another one comes up for auction. In the meantime, I will try to once again to find that page of the person who built their own.

Can you read Japanese at all? It seems that there is an auction every so often. If you open a Japanese Yahoo Auction account now, you should be able to set up some kind of alert to notify you when another one comes up for auction. In the meantime, I will try to once again to find that page of the person who built their own.
No, I can't, I just use a translator.

Silly hat ...what is this? | Tousando
I think I found the post you meant. Is it this one?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom