What's new

Whaling in Japan

Just testing the waters is fine, but first and foremost, welcome to the forum Chris ! 🙂
So hows the whaling catching on in your area, or the sharking business ?
I would assume there are more sharks than whales in the warmer waters, but with global warming and all, you never know. The whales might venture down south to the lower latitudes, while the sharks might find it a tad too hot to stick around... :p

I truly think it is the Japanese harkening back to the WWII food of the whale. If these were "Modern" actually thinking 21st century people thay would realise that they had a few more options for feeding nowadays....lots of choice.
In otherwords..Japanese, warmongers? Yes!

I think all human of all nations should stop killing endangered species.

I went to the museum of zoology the other day. I saw a dodo bird (just the core of it of course since it's already extinct) and I thought what a pity they killed them all.
The coalescence of human abusage and introduced breeds greatly, shortened dodo populations. Within 100 years of the arrival of humans on Mauritius, the once plentiful dodo was a sparse bird. The final one was succumbed in 1681.

Please don't let this happen to whales.:( :unsure:

Minty said:
I think all human of all nations should stop killing endangered species.
I went to the museum of zoology the other day. I saw a dodo bird (just the core of it of course since it's already extinct) and I thought what a pity they killed them all.
The coalescence of human abusage and introduced breeds greatly, shortened dodo populations. Within 100 years of the arrival of humans on Mauritius, the once plentiful dodo was a sparse bird. The final one was succumbed in 1681.
Please don't let this happen to whales.:( :unsure:

Minke whales are the only whales japan is legally allowed to kill for research and stuff, and although not endangered, their numbers are painfully small and they are still very rare animals. I still dont agree with whaling on the whole though wether they are endangered or not though.

Tokis-Phoenix said:
Minke whales are the only whales japan is legally allowed to kill for research and stuff, and although not endangered, their numbers are painfully small and they are still very rare animals. I still dont agree with whaling on the whole though wether they are endangered or not though.

Hmm I see, but shouldn't species that have very little number in populations be considered endangered species, or something equivalent to endangered species?:?

Thats because the status of minke as low in number is debatable, its good your into conservation minty, just try and keep an eye out for overly zealous animal activist propaganda, they have a habit of saying alot and little of it having much weight. 👍

And i agree, endangered species shouldnt be hunted.

Back
Top Bottom