What's new

Want to buy a guest house/bed and breakfast in Okinawa

Dunlop15

後輩
4 Jan 2013
I want to buy a guest house/bed and breakfast in Okinawa

I am not Japanese

How to go about it? Which websites do you suggest I consult to find the guest houses and bed and breakfast for sale? I have done a web search, but I can't find anything.

Any advise?

Thank you all for your help.

What you want to buy is called a pension in Japanese. You'd be just as well off to buy a large house, since that's all they are.

Thanks nahadef.

Can one just buy a house and rent out rooms (after obtaining the permit)? There is no zoning? I assume in most countries you can't do that very easily. If you buy a house you don't buy a hotel, in the same way as when you buy farmland you can't just build a house on it. If it's classified as farmland it's a big hassle to change the land use to residential industrial, etc.

Thanks ewww, but the websites you listed offer flats/rooms for rent. I found plenty of those. I want to buy a property.

buying real estate in JP as a foreigner - japan-guide.com forum
Problems for foreigners are related to understanding real estate agents and their paperwork, and paying taxes.

As for actually running a business like a pension, who is going to do that for you? You will have to communicate with them and pay salaries, unemployment insurance, taxes, etc.
Owning a B&B in Japan - japan-guide.com forum
How to Set Up Business in Japan - Investing in Japan - JETRO
Starting a Business in Japan | The Expat's Guide to Japan

Back
Top Bottom