What's new

Visa Problem on 6 month teaching contract

puppe

Registered
29 Jul 2016
Hi guys,

This is my first trail to apply for a work visa that I am so worried and need some of your advice:

Currently I am having a working holiday visa and I have signed a 6 month contract with a school that claims to be able to sponsor my work visa.

My concern is if a 6 month contract is eligible to go through the JP Visa application process for a proper 1 year visa (at least)?

I am kinda worried that the company is going to hold up my time and visa (as I saw that the shortest time of a visa is 3 months)

If anyone of you experienced this sort of situation before?

Touch wood, in any case that it happens to be a 3 month visa and I have to change job after the completion of the 3 months, how much extra time do I have to seek for jobs in Japan?

Heaps of big thanks for your help!!!!

Can you be more clear?
The way you talk seems you are working on a 90days which is a minor crime.... But enough to get you in trouble.
Believe me, don't f*ck with jp laws, or you will be in a serious trouble.
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE...

You're on a working holiday visa? Why would you need a sponsor if your visa already allows you to work? Or are you at the tail end of your working holiday, and your 6 month contract extends beyond the end of your visa period? Why did you sign a contract before getting these questions answered?

To my knowledge, if you get sponsored for a work visa, your visa sponsorship is only valid for the duration of the contract. So if you get a 6-month contract you can't get a 12-month visa...

Getting a normal work visa is a different process to whatever they're doing under your working holiday visa. It basically only depends on two things: is the company willing to sponsor your visa, and can they meet the terms (e.g. the minimum required number of work hours etc). The new contract follows the visa, not the other way around.

Can you be more clear?
The way you talk seems you are working on a 90days which is a minor crime.... But enough to get you in trouble.
Believe me, don't f*ck with jp laws, or you will be in a serious trouble.
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE...
He was very clear. He said working holiday visa.

OP posted July 28th, Last seen a month ago...

why do people ask questions and don't even bother to follow up?

OP posted July 28th, Last seen a month ago...

why do people ask questions and don't even bother to follow up?

That and why people come through years later and answer them will forever be mysteries.

Currently I am having a working holiday visa and I have signed a 6 month contract
Despite the sub-continent grammar used here, this much is clear.
I have signed a 6 month contract with a school that claims to be able to sponsor my work visa.
My concern is if a 6 month contract is eligible to go through the JP Visa application process for a proper 1 year visa (at least)?
So, my interpretation is that the current employer is willing to offer full work visa sponsorship either later (when the WHV period runs out) or immediately (goofy, but possible as long as puppe is willing to waste the WHV so soon). It's probably later.

I am kinda worried that the company is going to hold up my time and visa (as I saw that the shortest time of a visa is 3 months)
This is where it becomes unclear.

If puppe is still paying attention to this thread, come back and explain this statement better.
1. Why do you think the company will delay your visa?
2. Why does it matter, since you have 6 months on the WHV, and they can't change that.
3. What does it mean to hold up your "time"?

Back
Top Bottom