What's new

Verbs

3 Jun 2007
Well, i've been studying japanese for two months and i'm doing pretty good, and i want to learn more than the teacher already teaches me.

So i want to know if theres any website where i can find a big list of verbs, it can be in hiragana or in romaji.

I really enjoy memorizing verbs and i do it pretty fast, it's good because you can learn words watching japanese stuff because you know the verb so you know what is it about.

Thanks in advance 😌

Check out the pdf-files for the different JLPT levels concearning verbs:
www mlcjapanese.co.jp/Download.htm#Level-4 (Note the space after www, I can't post urls)

it's best to take it slow with verbs, because there're so many forms and conjugations you have to learn with each verb, so the form of the verb comes automatically.

like if i ask you what is the causative form of 'pay'(しはらう), you can automatically say it's しはらわせる(let/make/had someone pay) without thinking much. i doubt you can do so if you're learning 15 verbs a day

also, there're many similar forms of verbs, like ドアがしまっている is very similar to ドアがしめられている, both meaning 'the door is closed'. it's different from ドアをしめている, which means 'closing the door'. and there're a hell lot more stuff like this to learn.

かわる and かえる both mean 'change', but has completely different meaning. there're a lot more such similar verbs.

that's why it's better to take it a bit slow with verbs.

Back
Top Bottom