What's new

Up-down, right-to-left Composition editor

sushiyaki

後輩
28 Feb 2006
Hi, People,
What do you call the attached diagram?

And would you know if there's a website that allows one to type in such a thing and then print out? (Writing from right to left, and from up to down).

Thanks.

Attachments

• PDi010.jpg
    PDi010.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 192
undrentide,
thanks for telling me what it's called. I'll see if i can find an online version of that.

I don't use Microsoft Office. I use OpenOffice and online suites (such as Google Docs).

Thanks again.

I'm able to get 原稿用紙 -style layout, grids and vertical writing with openoffice.org's writer. but there are 2 issues:

1) The "hyphen" in katakana words to elongate the sound (for example, in クラスメート, the line between "メ" and "と") should be standing up like the the letter "l" (lowercase of "L").

2) Small つ、よ、ゆ、や、etc (for example, the "ゅ"and "っ" in しゅっしん) should be placed in the upper right corner of the box, and not in the center.

How can we fix this problem?

(If someone can give a good translation of this post, I'd appreciate it. That way, I can post the question to Japanese users in other places. Thanks.)

I thought of putting in the right Japanese keywords into here:
ja.openoffice. org / servlets / SearchList?listName=discuss . If you have the chance, please check it out.
Thanks.

(I broke up the URL above because I "don't have enough posts yet to post 3rd party URLs)

I'm able to get 原稿用紙 -style layout, grids and vertical writing with openoffice.org's writer. but there are 2 issues:
1) The "hyphen" in katakana words to elongate the sound (for example, in クラスメート, the line between "メ" and "と") should be standing up like the the letter "l" (lowercase of "L").
2) Small つ、よ、ゆ、や、etc (for example, the "ゅ"and "っ" in しゅっしん) should be placed in the upper right corner of the box, and not in the center.
How can we fix this problem?
(If someone can give a good translation of this post, I'd appreciate it. That way, I can post the question to Japanese users in other places. Thanks.)
Writerの原稿用紙スタイルについて、問題点が二つあります。

1) カタカナの長音記号が、小文字の "l"のように立ってくれません。
or you can also explain
1) カタカナの長音記号が、横書きのままで縦書きになってくれません。

2) 小文字の「つやゆよ」(促音記号、拗音記号)が、マス目の右上ではなく真ん中に来てしまいます。

これをどうやって修正したらいいでしょうか?

hope this helps:)

Please see my examples of the 2 issues in the attached files

Attachments

• japanese_OpenOffice.org_Writer2.jpg
    japanese_OpenOffice.org_Writer2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I can't get vertical writing to work at all. Japanese text disappears, and english text is written side ways going down, (in which case i my as well switch to land scape). If you find a solution to your problem, tell me what you did. The solution to my problem may reside in there.

Note: i think microsoft word has these issues too...

The thread has been moved out of the Japanese-only section.

My apologies for being late! 😌

Back
Top Bottom