What's new

Unofficial IRC Chat

Nuala

Hell's Finest Daughter
15 Jul 2004
Hi everybody, I created an unofficial IRC channel for us on irc.luniticfringe.net. You can go there to idle, and chat with your friends from this boards.
What is IRC?
A: IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. Thousands, and maybe even millions of people from around the world connect to servers hosting an IRC Network. There isn't just one server for IRC, but thousands of them. You can pick any one you want to connect, and chat with people. Though, I set up a channel on irc.luniticfringe.net. Mainly because I like the network, and it's almost never down.
IRC Clients: mIRC is a good client, but it also costs money after the 30 day free trial. You can go on using mIRC without paying after the 30 day trial, but there is a message asking you to register your copy of mIRC. By all means, ignore that message if you want.
For Apple Computers, you can download ircle. I have no experience with that client, so I cannot comment on it.
Another good Windows IRC client is X-Chat, I have good expierence with this program. It's dependable, and connects you to the place you want to go with ease.
If you have any questions or comments about the IRC channel, or if you have some level of rank on the forum and would like operator status, or half-operator status in the IRC channel, then please just let me know. I'd be glad to give it to you.
Note: THIS IS UNOFFICIAL, which means not apart of forum, and main website. Feel free to come to the network, but if there is a problem with the channel. Do not come here for help, you will get none from the moderators, administration, or advisors!
channel: #jref
network: irc.luniticfringe.net
Have fun!

The big question that pops to mind here is...: WHY????

We already have a chat-function here on the forum, which absolutely nobody uses. Why bother with starting up secondary channel?

I don't like connecting to Java chat's, and I figured some other people would not like it either. So whatever, if you don't use it. It's no major loss on my part, I was just trying to help out forum. lol 😌

Yeah, well, the effort is appreciated of course. 🙂

But seriously, if out of a hundred people, ten would object to connecting to Java chat, then there might be a reason to start a channel on IRC. But we don't have a hundred people connecting to our chatbox. We hardly have 2 people connected at the same time, which makes lousy chatting.

There have been a few efforts in the past to get it going, like assigning fixed time-slots for everyone to come chatting, but it didn't work.

Twisted said:
Yeah, well, the effort is appreciated of course. 🙂

But seriously, if out of a hundred people, ten would object to connecting to Java chat, then there might be a reason to start a channel on IRC. But we don't have a hundred people connecting to our chatbox. We hardly have 2 people connected at the same time, which makes lousy chatting.

There have been a few efforts in the past to get it going, like assigning fixed time-slots for everyone to come chatting, but it didn't work.

so true....

I like the idea! Unfortunately there is no IRC server running at this address. Did you gave up so early?

MfG Jan

Yeah, the network changed. Don't worry about the irc chat. We have a nifty chat now, go use that. It needs some support.

Back
Top Bottom