What's new

Journal Tsukuiko Shiroyama Park

It's been over 50 years since I visited a sculptured garden/park on Kyushu(don't remember the name) , but I have never seen anything since that was as beautiful. There were bridges and white swans and I felt like I was in heaven. The amount of work keeping all the greenery trimmed must have taken for ever.

It's been over 50 years since I visited a sculptured garden/park on Kyushu(don't remember the name) , but I have never seen anything since that was as beautiful. There were bridges and white swans and I felt like I was in heaven. The amount of work keeping all the greenery trimmed must have taken for ever.

We are still waiting for those scans. 😊

Tsukui Shiruyama Park is not a sculpted garden, though, but a former samurai castle site. More of a jungle (at least around the summit) than a leisurely park.

My wife still nags me about the $1200 scanner I bought next to my PC that I have never plugged in. Each time I go into my cellar and see a couple of thousand slides all in 100 slide reels, I just can't bring myself to start. In my heart, I know if I don't transfer them to DVDs, they will end up in the trash. I have the equipment I need, just not the ambition. I saw an ad on TV the other day where you can send them to have it done. I may try that way to get started.

200.gif

My wife still nags me about the $1200 scanner I bought next to my PC that I have never plugged in. Each time I go into my cellar and see a couple of thousand slides all in 100 slide reels, I just can't bring myself to start. In my heart, I know if I don't transfer them to DVDs, they will end up in the trash. I have the equipment I need, just not the ambition. I saw an ad on TV the other day where you can send them to have it done. I may try that way to get started.

If there's anything we can do to help you, just holler. It would be unfortunate to see that treasure trove of 1970s Japan slides disappear in the rubbish!

Back
Top Bottom