What's new

Truck driver screams 'foreigners abducted me'

8 Jul 2004
Truck driver screams 'foreigners abducted me' after he slept in

KOBE -- A truck driver fictitiously told police that foreigners abducted him after he took a nap on the job, officers said on Tuesday.

The 34-year-old driver, who works for a delivery company in Nagasaki Prefecture, was transporting goods from Toyama Prefecture to Kasai, Hyogo Prefecture, on Dec. 16.

He parked his truck at the Yashiro parking area on the Chugoku Expressway in Hyogo at about 4:45 a.m. and took a nap.

When he woke up, it was past 10 a.m., more than five hours after his scheduled arrival time at a transport firm in Kasai.

The driver called a police emergency line shortly before 11 a.m., saying, "Four foreigners abducted me for some five hours," according to police.

He then described how he was victimized. "They asked where an expressway bus stop was at about 5:30 a.m.," officers quoted the driver as telling them. "Someone covered my head with a paper bag from behind, and I was forced into a car."

Hyogo police mobilized about 30 officers to search for the four foreigners.

But they soon felt something was fishy as the driver was not injured at all despite him saying that he was kicked out of a moving car.

After officers grilled him, the driver confessed that he had lied in a bid to cover up his sleeping in. Police plan to send the case to prosecutors. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Dec. 21, 2004)

Haha.. I suppose he tried to capitalize on Japan's notorious xenophobia. Good thing it didn't work out. Hell it could have been me or you they tried to blame it on if we were in the area. That would suck. Some of these gaijin-fearing people need to get a grip on reality.

By his own story, he was already 30 minutes overdue when they supposedly abducted him.

mikecash said:
By his own story, he was already 30 minutes overdue when they supposedly abducted him.
"he" and "him", Mike?

come on, fess up...when is your trial, trucker-boy?

haha that is funny!!

Sorry to dig up this old topic, but just wanted to say something about it.

I live in Kobe, Rokko area right under the mountain, and when I walk up the road I can see a lot of cars /taxis parking on the side of the road, and guess what the people inside the cars/taxis are doing? RIght, they are sleeping!!! ( in daytime)

Dutch Baka said:
I live in Kobe, Rokko area right under the mountain, and when I walk up the road I can see a lot of cars /taxis parking on the side of the road, and guess what the people inside the cars/taxis are doing? RIght, they are sleeping!!! ( in daytime)

What's so odd about that?

Yeah, I never see that where I am living, people take a break in the boss their time to stand with the car on the hill...

You are a truck driver arn`t you Mike?(if not my excuse) of course it`s less strange for you then for us.

Back
Top Bottom