What's new

travelling from kita-kyushu to okinawa...cheaply

Porl

Monkey Shogun
19 Nov 2003
Im hoping to go to japan to visit my friend and also to travel around. At the minute she is in Fukuoka but is hoping to be transfered to okinawa for her final couple of months contract. Im not sure wether she will have been transfered by the time i get to go and visit.

I've found some nice cheapish prices to fly to fukuoka but the prices to fly to okinawa are alot more expensive.

does anyone that lives in Kita-Kyushu or has visited the prefecture taken a train or something to okinawa? Or can give me some advice on possible cheap ways to get there from kyushu?

thanks in advanced

Porl''

thank you budd!! 🙂

they should be good places for me to start. 🙂

Porl''

Porl...you can't take a train to Okinawa! It is about 300 miles south of Japan. Really the only way to get there is by airplane. I've seen prices between $120-$170 US! Are you going to have a place to stay? If not, try checking with ANA and JAL for package prices. Both airlines operate resort hotels here too, so you may get a pretty good package price through them. If you are coming here, be sure to let me know. I've been living here for about 8 years now.

Here are a few sites that might help.

Read the first one well, it shows different discount rates for foreign travelers:

Air Fares

The next has a little info about Okinawa. I'm at work now, but I think at home I have some more links:

Okinawa Prefecture

thank you CC1 🙂

[edit] that airfares information website is great! that is really really helpful!

thank you so much for your help both of you. 🙂

Porl''

yes, okinawa is an island (i heard :))
but i didn't wanna dash a brother's hopes or nothing (right then)

Back
Top Bottom