What's new

Tokyo / Online Japanese Language School Suggestion - Coto Japanese Academy

TokyoJokio

Registered
25 Nov 2019
I just wanted to share that I think that Coto Japanese Academy in Tokyo is a great Japanese language school. I studied there and wanted to share my experience.

Who I think it would be good for:

• Expats
  • People that are focused on learning to Speak
  • People that need flexibility for their classes
Who it is not good for:

• People who need a visa to stay in Japan
  • Students who want to take intensive cram courses for simply passing the JLPT (They offer JLPT Prep - however their JLPT prep classes are not as intensive as other fulltime schools.)

The school offers part-time and 3 hour per day 5 day a week intensive courses. Class sizes are 8 people or less - so you get to have a lot of practice speaking with teachers and classmates.

They have also recently launched online Japanese lessons through video chat at coto Japanese academy | Home

You can read reviews of them at cotoacademy - Google Search

Assuming you were/are their student and not an employee, would you be willing to write a comprehensive review on them?

That would be a good idea.
Likely Tokyo guy is a past/present student and may have gotten a discount for... well, use your imagination.
I know when I use to write reviews for guitar tutorials, I'd get future ones, well... again use your imagination.

Well, I'd like to give all reviewers the benefit of doubt. We regularly receive free copies from a Tokyo-based publisher for review and the fact that they are free wouldn't "cloud" our judgement.

Anyhow, I think that more reviews of Japanese language schools would be really helpful. :)

I'll give Coto a quick review as I did a business Japanese course there earlier this year...and they were very good.

First, I had a thorough and enjoyable taiken lesson and level check with all the possible courses clearly explained. I reluctantly chose a business course out of necessity but they had some interesting stuff such as a course for advanced students on reading and discussing articles that I might do next year.

Second, all communication and administration were friendly and efficient.

Third, the school is conveniently located and they've made some effort with the interior. It's a nice place to hang out and study in and there is a vending machine dispensing free drinks.

Fourth, the quality of the teaching was high and the course materials were good. I found the lessons unexpectedly enjoyable despite really hating business Japanese!

Fifth, they organise a lot of activities such as cultural activities and days out (none of which I participated in), which seem to be at cost price.

Based on my experience, I'd recommend them without hesitation.

This review is completely on my own initiative and I'm not getting anything out of this!

I will graciously permit you to move my review!

I am devastated. Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to convert posts into reviews. Could you add your reviews to this review item:

Thank you. 😅

Back
Top Bottom