What's new

Tokyo Godfathers

Timsan

後輩
4 Dec 2003
Great storyline, AMAZING animation, mature dialogue and situations, overall wonderful.

Shinjukusnow-1.jpg

Anyone seen it? Impressions? I can't wait to see Otomo's SteamBoy, it has not been released in theatres here and I doubt it will be, looks like I will have to wait for the DVD.

Never watched it..is it that good? what's it about?

yea..i heard steamboy is comming out..i really want to watch that! =P heard itll be great!

It's pretty much about this guy in about his 30's 40's or so, a runaway girl and a guy that thinks he's a women. It's pretty funny too. They then come across this baby on the streets and they deside to find out who's baby it is. It's really good and I really liked it. I watched it in the Subbed version though. I don't like Dubbed.

I saw it for sale in an exchange shop. Bought it to see what it was like. I enjoyed the film. It is nice to watch anime that doesn't involve giant robots or chicks with guns. A gentle film that could really happen.

I ramble but it's fun!

I completely agree that this is an excellent film. Out of all the anime DVDs in my shabby carboard box that I will probably pawn off for college money (the DVDs, not the box :p) I refuse to part with Tokyo Godfathers. That and Perfect Blue... and Millenium Actress. The latter being my favorite. I think if you liked Tokyo Godfathers, you'd also enjoy Millenium Actress. It's not comical (there are no flamboyant drag queens ^_^), but the art and storyline are amazingly mesmerizing. Even the music is good. I don't like love stories, I find them whiny and lame, but in all seriousness, this is a great drama. Perfect Blue is a good movie, but.. it has its creepy parts. What can I say, I love Satoshi Kon's movies, but I'm excited to see Steam Boy as well, although I'm not as familiar with Katsuhiro Otomo's work. I hope it's not as gory as Akira... It was a good movie but uhn ... I like pretty anime (like Millenium Actres -_^), not so much the exploding flesh etc. Anyway, I've never been able to see an anime movie in a theater before, so I'm really looking forward to it coming to a theater near me!

I totally agree that it is a brilliant anime. I think there have been threads on this anime some months ago, I can't remember.

I especially love the dialogues and the funny comments of the gay guy in the story....:D

Timsan said:
Great storyline, AMAZING animation, mature dialogue and situations, overall wonderful.

Yeah, great movie. Actually I'm not a huge anime fan but a close friend of mine is the producer of that movie. He gave me free tix and off I went. There are 3 homeless people who find a baby - a man, a transvestite, and a young girl. All of their personal issues need to be semi resolved while they take care of the infant - worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom