What's new

Tokyo for people used to Japan

Harvey

先輩
10 Jun 2002
I've got some friends from Kansai coming to Tokyo soon, and wanted some advice on what to do with them.

I was thinking NAKANO Broadway area to get some Otaku culture...

Harajuku area to get some.. more... Otaku culture...

What else is goin on here that milght be interested for someone who has lived in Kansai for 2 years already anyway?

There is always the Parasite museum in meguro eh.
Meguro - Parasite Museum
Parasite Museum
4-1-1 Shimo Meguro
Meguro-ku
Tokyo
Tel: +81 (03) 3716-1264
Meguro station (Namboku & other lines)
Open: daily (except Mon), 10am-5pm

I've been to that museum Harvey, it is quite interesting.
They had all kinds of worms found in human body, one of them was like 11 feet long!

If you like games, you can go to places like "Joypolis" or other theme parks.

Odaiba is an interesting place to go, with the Fuji television place and the science musuem where they keep that Asimo robot.

It depends really on what your friends like to do. If you're into clubbing and such, shibuya, roppongi. Shopping? Ginza, the shopping areas of Meguro perhaps? Otaku culture doesn't get much deeper than akihabara ofcourse, but if you've been in Japan for a while I'm guessing these places are already familiar to you..?

I'm racking my brain right now trying to remember the name of the "Obaasan's Harajuku", I went there before and it was hillarious. Don't get me wrong it's not full of cosplaying, emo grandparents but it's very popular among the older generation with a lot of shops selling stuff that was big back in those days. As I got closer to the station I found me and my mates giving up seats to more and more obaachans... Haha

Obaachan's Harajuku? That's 窶佝椎?窶コ (Sugamo), around 窶堙??堋ー窶堙岩?堋ォ窶冢窶伉?.
😌
Anyway welcome to JREF, Karamuucho!

Harvey, I also recommend Odaiba, especially
Venus Fort (if there's any female among the friends!)
お台場 VenusFort ヴィーナスフォート
ツ渉ャツ債?港 at Decks Tokyo Beach
http://www.odaiba-decks.com/hongkong/
窶佚・ツ江ナ津銀?ーツキツ静イ窶「ツィナ津ェ
【公式】大江戸温泉物語グループ|癒しの温泉宿・旅館

If your friends are interested in samurai, 窶慊?停?「窶敘ス窶「ツィナ?テ might be interesting. (A bit difficult to find, though. I was almost lost when I took a friend there myself... but it was worthwhile to visit.)
http://www007.upp.so-net.ne.jp/nbthk-tk/token_hakubutsukan.htm

Hey thanks for all the tips! I'll be sure to check some of these places out :)

Maybe you ought to start by asking your friends what they'd like to do. They must have some ideas.

Thanks!

Thanks! We ended up going to the Parasite Museum, the Obaa-san Harajuku, and then to a place called Tsukishima that is famous for Monjyayaki. Good times!

Back
Top Bottom