What's new

TiTech IGP Questions

Got an email an hour ago - I was selected as a recipient of the scholarship! There were three slots this year and only two applicants, so I am guaranteed to receive it from the department.

I hope they both of you receive good news as well!

I just wonder is it true ? you can still fail to get scholarship, even the school has recommended you. Since the decision is made by mext not titech

I just wonder is it true ? you can still fail to get scholarship, even the school has recommended you. Since the decision is made by mext not titech
From how I understand it, yes the final decision is with MEXT.

However if you read this entire thread, there's not a single case if it be happening. In fact it seems MEXT allows TiTech to do the vetting.

Curious what exactly you believe is true or not?

From how I understand it, yes the final decision is with MEXT.

However if you read this entire thread, there's not a single case if it be happening. In fact it seems MEXT allows TiTech to do the vetting.

Curious what exactly you believe is true or not?
I got email from my prospective advisor that Titech has recommend me for the MEXT the scholarship but I still nervous since the final decision is from the MEXT

That means you basically got it. Go back and read through this thread, it's extremely uncommon for a student to be recommended for MEXT by TiTech and rejected. It seems like it hasn't actually happened yet.

Just wait until March 4th and they send you the official results, once that's done you are good to go!

Last edited:
That means you basically got it. Go back and read through this thread, it's extremely uncommon for a student to be recommended for MEXT by TiTech and rejected. It seems like it hasn't actually happened yet.

Just wait until March 4th and they send you the official results, once that's done you are good to go!
Glad to hear that. Thank you for your insight :)

To be honest, I was pretty worried before, since I think my interview was not good enough due my overtime presentation
btw, I hope all the best result for you guys

Glad to hear that. Thank you for your insight :)

To be honest, I was pretty worried before, since I think my interview was not good enough due my overtime presentation
btw, I hope all the best result for you guys
Which department did you apply to?

same! what is your interest?
Well, since my background is in physics. Basically my interest is condensed matter physics related research and focusing more on material design using computational model (mainly DFT). What's your btw ?

Well, since my background is in physics. Basically my interest is condensed matter physics related research and focusing more on material design using computational model (mainly DFT). What's your btw ?
I see. My background is in chemistry and Im interested in the photocatalysis area (my undergraduate research was about photocatalytic water splitting)

Hello guys, I got request for confirmation of MEXT and admissions decision information from my prof yesterday. Since he informed me that my name still be 'tentatively' candidate, how much possible I have to got the scholarship 😅?

I already confirmed him and wait for further information about what to do next from Admissions division.

How about you guys?

Hello guys, I got request for confirmation of MEXT and admissions decision information from my prof yesterday. Since he informed me that my name still be 'tentatively' candidate, how much possible I have to got the scholarship 😅?

I already confirmed him and wait for further information about what to do next from Admissions division.

How about you guys?
Well congrats! I also passed the exam (I checked from the website), I already emailed my intended professor asking about MEXT scholarship, and he said
"The result of MEXT scholarship will be informed to you in due course. Please wait for a moment." Im still waiting for the official notification from admission.

Well congrats! I also passed the exam (I checked from the website), I already emailed my intended professor asking about MEXT scholarship, and he said
"The result of MEXT scholarship will be informed to you in due course. Please wait for a moment." Im still waiting for the official notification from admission.
Congratulations! Hope we both going to hear good news soon. :)

Well, my prof said Tokyo Tech guarantees that MEXT will never make a decision against the recommendation from Tokyo Tech. So I think the odd you get the scholarship is pretty large as long as you successful enrolled to Tokyo Tech

Hi there! I have been waiting for the final announcement of mext as well! (Japan studies, undergraduate) In schedule is wrote that early of march but rn there's no emails sending to me🥺🥺🥺 hope you all get the goos news!

Well, my prof said Tokyo Tech guarantees that MEXT will never make a decision against the recommendation from Tokyo Tech. So I think the odd you get the scholarship is pretty large as long as you successful enrolled to Tokyo Tech
This is correct! Tentatively selected just means they want to make sure you confirm enrollment first.

Best of luck for everyone still waiting on the results!

Hellooo guyss!! I just got the "Request for Confirmation" email from my IP today. yeay finally we all got the email. One step closer to be a part of TiTech (still wait for the final result from MEXT in August), Best of luck for us!

Hellooo guyss!! I just got the "Request for Confirmation" email from my IP today. yeay finally we all got the email. One step closer to be a part of TiTech (still wait for the final result from MEXT in August), Best of luck for us!
I also got similar email from Sokendai, they sent me a document to confirm my intent to enrol in october, 2021.

Back
Top Bottom