What's new

TiTech IGP Questions

Hello, I also choose the same choice as you. In case that you can't get MEXT scholarship, there are still many scholarships you can get after the admission.

1) you can found some scholarships through Tokyo Tech
Scholarships for International Students | Tuition and Scholarships | Current Students | Tokyo Institute of Technology

2) you may ask for tuition exemption

Even if the first semester and entrance fee cannot be exempted , this quite useful.

3) you may find another scholarship from somewhere else. There are a lot of organizations providing scholarships. You might find by yourself base on your government or relasted organization.

4)Do part time job during study
In the worse case, this might be necessary. Many oversea students also do part time job.

I am also on my plan base on these 4 choices. However, I hope we all can get MEXT since it's the easiest way. Don't worry, we are on the same boat 😊
Thanks for the hints! Any updates on you for the interview schedule?

Thanks for the hints! Any updates on you for the interview schedule?
My prospective prof. inform me that he just get information from admissions division yesterday. He can get my documents next week, then they will hold the meeting in within the department to appoint the interview schedule.

I guess that we will get contract about the schedule aroud the end of this month. :)

My prospective prof. inform me that he just get information from admissions division yesterday. He can get my documents next week, then they will hold the meeting in within the department to appoint the interview schedule.

I guess that we will get contract about the schedule aroud the end of this month. :)
I see! Seems like this means I didn't make it past the initial documents screening process as I should have heard something as well.

I see! Seems like this means I didn't make it past the initial documents screening process as I should have heard something as well.
You may ask you prof.
Actually, for this, I'm that one who mailed to him first. If you got the acceptance email from admissions division after sending admission documents by post, I think it's still fine.

You may ask you prof.
Actually, for this, I'm that one who mailed to him first. If you got the acceptance email from admissions division after sending admission documents by post, I think it's still fine.
Oh I see! Thanks for the information. I just sent him an email asking if he had any updates. I did get the acceptance email from the admissions Division regarding my document submission.

Which program did you apply to?

Neither have I. I see, so the announcement will be around January?
Okay so I too emailed my advisor and we contacted the admissions Division. They are releasing application information to departments before the end of the week. Then, the departments will set up the interviews times most likely by next week.

Also seems to be late interviews this year, so looking at first or second week in January.

Any updates from either of you guys? Sounds like the departments are having meetings this week to set up interview schedules.

Best of luck to both of you!

Hello dear,
I just finished my meeting with prof.
Just talking, not interviewing

He told me that the schedule will be setup this week as you mentioned. He guessed that the interview will take place on 4-8 Jan 2021.

But he will inform the detail of the interview again after the week committee meeting.

The schedule might be different, depending on each department. I hope that we will got more information soon.
(my program is material engineering :))

Hello dear,

He told me that the schedule will be setup this week as you mentioned. He guessed that the interview will take place on 4-8 Jan 2021.

But he will inform the detail of the interview again after the week committee meeting.

The schedule might be different, depending on each department. I hope that we will got more information soon.
Yup sounds similar to what I was told! As a heads up, I contacted some others students in my department. They were required to take a 1-hour written exam in front of a webcam prior to their interview. The exam was written by some of the professors in the department and it is semi-specific to your field of interest. I don't know if it's the same for every department, but it likely is.

It might be different due to covid, and likely is in some way, but just be prepared. I spoke to two others students, one did not have to do a written test but instead a powerpoint presentation. One more was given the standard entrance examination and told to pick one question, which the proctor translated for him.

It seems very random.
Hmm he also mentioned about a writing but didn't talk about limited-time and in front of camera..

Hello dear,

Hi, I just got the interview invitation, the interview will be held on 12/24, he asked me to prepare presentation slide

Hello dear,

did you also apply for IGP A at School of Material Science and Engineering?

My PI informed me I passed the screening. Interview tentatively scheduled for mid January. Super excited! He did inform me there would be an exam and interview (about 1.5 hours).

komoki555 hear anything yet?

My interview will take place on 5 Jan.
Until now, my prof. asked me to do some reports to evaluate my fundamental knowledge. It was something like writing exam. I already sent it and now I am preparing for the interview.

let's do our best :)

How did the interview go for both of you guys??

For the school of Earth sciences, they are drafting a written exam that I have to complete and turn in. They also requested I prepare a 10-min presentation on my past research.

My exam/interview are scheduled for the week of the 25th.

Last edited:
Just heard back from my PI.

He said he interview went well and he is sure I will be accepted to the university. I should know the scholarship results in a few days!

How did the interview go for both of you guys??

For the school of Earth sciences, they are drafting a written exam that I have to complete and turn in. They also requested I prepare a 10-min presentation on my past research.

My exam/interview are scheduled for the week of the 25th.
I haven't heard anything yet, so I just wait for the announcement on March 4th

Back
Top Bottom