What's new

'Stay logged in' toggle button

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGI-ECT

先輩
6 Jan 2007
Firstly, I tried to see what could be found here, and my search only gave me the following:

Nobody seemed concerned about what I am concerned about. Not surprising, that.

Next I wish to offer three addresses on the subject:

And my purpose here is that the text being the toggle button and not the checkbox isn't a standard arrangement and could easily cause some people not to do what they intend and not be able to toggle that to 'off' and I can understand why that may be the desire of the owner, but it might be a problem if asked what the industry standard is expected by those that study such matters on the Net and then those that make the regulations/laws for the way sites should be conducting their affairs on the Net.

It is also a tad worrying when we see that other toggle buttons around this site, like those below this textbox for "Post thread" and "Preview" do follow an industry standard. It might be stated that the manner in which the "Stay logged in" toggle does not conform to the standard elsewhere on this site is intentional for not good purpose; as in deceiving new members.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I see the "Options" buttons down below also follow that rather odd 'text is the toggle' format. Somebody might consider that a clever way to state a 'standard' for that "Stay logged in" toggle is not an issue. I'd argue that a "Stay logged in" toggle switch is more significant than the "Options" toggle.

I confess to some confusion at the moment as I now seem to have the checkbox also doing the switch and I am going to clear cookies and see if there is a connection with what I thought I was seeing earlier before I did the post above.

But I'll apologize first, in case I messed up in some way.

EDIT: I think this thread needs to be deleted and I am not able to do so. I obviously messed up earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom