What's new

Soul Mates

Doc

Government Man
13 Feb 2005
With all of this talk about life after death and the concept of what the human soul is, I've decided to make a topic related to the material discussed here. Now given your personal belief on what a soul is and what love is, do you believe there is such a thing as a "soul mate"? Why do you believe that there is/isn't such a thing as a soul mate? What is your definition of a soul mate, if there is one at all? So let's get crackin' on this one okay?! ^___^

Doc:ramen:😄

Ya I can believe that there is a soul mate out there. If your both truely into each other and would do anything and wouldn't want anyone but that person. Sure! *smiles warmly* What I define it to be isa soulmate is a person you can see yourself with all your life. That you wouldn't fall out of love with.

I definitely believe that there is a certain person out there for everyone....i think a soul mate is some1 you can really truly connect with and is your other half (sorta if you catch my drift)...

I don't believe there is one person for every one person. I think there could be several people that you can really connect with, I mean on an instinctive level... and if you are lucky enough to actually meet more than one of them, it boils down to practical issues which of them you end up in a relationship with. I think that some people are unlucky and never meet their 'soulmate' - but that they can still have good, happy and lasting relationship with someone else... and I think it's very rare to meet more than one 'soulmate', which is why people generally believe there to be only one.

Not trying to be pragmatic and unromantic, but I just don't believe that there is some kind of cosmic order that created people in pairs and then sort of jumbled them around like shuffling cards and dealt them out randomly around the earth...

mizer said:
I don't believe there is one person for every one person. I think there could be several people that you can really connect with, I mean on an instinctive level... and if you are lucky enough to actually meet more than one of them, it boils down to practical issues which of them you end up in a relationship with. I think that some people are unlucky and never meet their 'soulmate' - but that they can still have good, happy and lasting relationship with someone else... and I think it's very rare to meet more than one 'soulmate', which is why people generally believe there to be only one.

Not trying to be pragmatic and unromantic, but I just don't believe that there is some kind of cosmic order that created people in pairs and then sort of jumbled them around like shuffling cards and dealt them out randomly around the earth...
Agreed

As boring and unromantic as it sounds ther eis somebody for everybody it has nothing to do with destiny because you make your own fate. Just like you choose who your special person is some people find them some don't or they could be right in front of you and never notice it. Basically it is treasure hungting, you find nice trinkets here and there but sometiems you find that piece that makes your eyes light up and you say "oh shizznit" and eureka you find gold. but even gold dulls out unless it is polished on occasions.

So basically you guys don't believe in the possibility of a true 'soul mate'?

Doc:ramen:😄

a soul mate only exists after you let yourself imprint a certain individual into your mind as THE partner.

I kind of agree with nurizeko... I have a problem with the term 'soul mate' because I find it really difficult to pinpoint exactly what that means. A lot of people seem to think of it as 'there's one right person out there for me', as if they were made of the two halves like yin and yang. I don't believe in that, as I said before... but, in some way, I believe that it might be possible to *become* 'soul mates' with a person... it's necessary to make an effort and make a decision. I think it takes some work - not something that just happens.

Not sure if I make any sense there, lol :) I think that to keep looking for 'soul mate' makes people unhappy and often to overlook what is there in front of them. So I feel it's best not to think about it... I think people are defining the term unrealistically to themselves.

I don't think I do believe in 'soul mate' in the sense you are meaning it. But I don't want to pour cold water on anyone's belief about this - because my difference of opinion might just be a difference of expression, really.

yes...i correct myself....i also think there is several people out there that you can connect with....somewhere along the road you will encounter these people and in the end i guess you're left with the decision of who to spend the rest of your life with....

i had a b/f who i was REALLY close to and he was like my best friend and i thought we were "destined" to be together but then he moved....eventually we broke up but we still talk...if indeed we are meant to be, then somehow we will find a way back to each other....this is what i believe

Back
Top Bottom