What's new

Question Snow Hunting in March 2023

ia26

Registered
9 Feb 2023
A pinch of snow is our main goal. Snow hunting is the right term. Where would it be? Stay in Tokyo on March 19-21, 2023. I heard Gunma or Hakuba is the best place, am I right? How can we go there for a day experience? We dont ski. Our main goal is to step on a snow for free, can it be? Anybody could lead us the way? Thanks

A pinch of snow is our main goal. Snow hunting is the right term. Where would it be? Stay in Tokyo on March 19-21, 2023. I heard Gunma or Hakuba is the best place, am I right? How can we go there for a day experience? We dont ski. Our main goal is to step on a snow for free, can it be? Anybody could lead us the way? Thanks
You can play in the snow for free but it could be expensive getting to it. Will you have a Japan Rail Pass? If so, you could make a run to Gala Yuzawa.
It's a ski resort but they have other activities such as snowmobile tour. Or just go there for the observation deck, restaurant and playing in the snow.

Hakuba is quite far for the short time you'll stay, but they have snow until April.

By Bus:

Or train (Shinkansen to Nagano, then by bus from Nagano City):

Other options: Hida-Takayama/Norikura or Toyama.

Apparently Urasa is not a weather reporting station, but it looks like there's over a meter of snow cover around there.

Back
Top Bottom