What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Small placard found inside holster of 1939 Japanese Military Type 14 Nambu Pistol?

Bamba68

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone translate. Hopefully significant and interesting. Thank you...
Nambu.JPG

Majestic

先輩
Reaction score
Wow - I don't think you can own them in Japan unless the gun is rendered inoperable (the barrel has a plug welded into it, etc...). The only ones available in Japan are replicas. These must sell at a premium in the US.

Last edited:

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Usually here , it depends on condition. Crappy ones around $800 and good ones 2 to 3 thousand. If they have the wooden shoulder stock that attaches to the rear of the grip , up to around $30,000. The replica guns they sell in Japan have really great detail on some. I bought a toy cap pistol of a 1911 45 Colt Auto pistol there and you could swap the parts on it with the real pistol I had.

mdchachi

Reaction score
If you had one of these but the serial # was filed off could you own / sell it legally? Asking for a friend.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
I think you can get permission to have it re-stamped from the ATF but you would take a risk asking. A good gunsmith might be able to re-stamp it if there is a serial number hidden that has not been removed from it. Some guns have it stamped in 2 or 3 hidden from view places.

gunLaw.jpg

Top Bottom