What's new

Shoot Whales with Canon, Not Harpoon

Great, KR, I signed, being a longterm Canon user already, which I added.
Modern Diana uses modern shots, hehe ;-)

Canon is not an easy subject though, because they were silent in whaling matters.
Don't be too overoptimistic. But the more sign this, the better.

I signed this a few days ago, but didn't think to put it on the forum. Thanks, K.R.! As Chi said, I don't know about whether Canon will do anything or not. The slogan is a good one, though - let's hope most people know it's a camera!

I signed this a few days ago, but didn't think to put it on the forum. Thanks, K.R.! As Chi said, I don't know about whether Canon will do anything or not. The slogan is a good one, though - let's hope most people know it's a camera!

Great stuff Sara and Chi👍

Three of us, it's a start.

I guess what better company than Canon to support us. Maybe SONY and CASIO will follow suit...

A lady I used to work with at Cairns Airport sent me the link.

She loves her animals and has two gourgeous dogs

I've sent the link to all I know, most on this side defintiely oppose whaling..

I'm in enviroment heaven up here, although progress is slowly taking away the land..

Well, if someone sponsors a trip to your country, I would not mind, coming with my camera. . .maybe also with some japanese friends?

As for Sony and the like, I have not checked, where they are standing. But for longer I had a jap. friend, who was a project manager for the Berlin Sony-center, but he is doing his own things now and is absorbed in the music business. And I mean, really absorbed!
We lost contacts, also because one musician in between went kind of mad...(not the first time, but in my age you then have enough)

I am by the way supporting another forum with informations, but most of the people are relatively short breathed, yet many read this. I should try to post that link there too.
I suppose, some would relate, its also worldwide.

I agree..

Whales are a much loved creature in Australia and we were taught to respect and love them from early..

No doubt, as you say, many around the world to including Japan.

This forum though is a Japan forum I guess so most people wouldn't notice the whale thread..

Is their a Whale/Whaling forum that you know off?

Sorry to hear about the muso losing it.. The beat no doubt went to his head:LOL:

It would be great if they would shoot them more with Canon (which I think they already do). I can't understand the reasons for Japans whaling, but maybe there is going to be a day that we will or they will understand us.

(it's sad that there are so many threads about whaling, IMO)

Last edited:
KR, almost every pro and contra whaling association has a forum too, but you can imagine the different discussions according to which one you sign in. For example those who wrote the open letter to the government etc.
Can't do the collecting job now, sorry, but you will find them.
I may do a list myself in time.

(Its still funny, how a road, that CJ once built in his head, stays as the only one, as for example Greenpeace. The rest is only laughable childish and ignorant, and he obviously also has problems with women).

The others relate as well to scientific research papers in full as much as public articles, while certain pro-organisations obviously only read parts, if any etc., for obvious reasons. Interesting to compare!

(But that does not go into CJ's head. . .Dunno, whats wrong with him. Too much whale meat? A general problem of the psyche?
Or he willingly manipulates, which does not work, and particularly not this cheap way. I am a low bloodpressure type, and also a slow typer, thus more much more amused or bored than raged, in general)

Well, that musician, and also that organiser can be forgotten here, but another one close by not (Witness, Elders, man of peace award, Midem Davos etc. etc., you can google all that), whom I also happen to know.;-)

Back
Top Bottom