What's new

Second student visa after working in Japan?

bakugakira

Registered
16 Apr 2020
working in Japan?
2020/4/3 00:29​
Hi everyone,
I'm struggling to find an answer so here I am.
Three years ago I have studied for 1 year in Japan with a regular student visa. After that I received a working visa (again regularly sponsored by a company) and worked for about 7 months. I had to come back to my country (Italy) due to family issues that are now solved. I would like now to go back to work and live in Japan, and I guess the best way to do it is to start the same process with a study period and student visa (if there are better options I would love to listen) . Question: is that possible? I know the max limit for the student visa is 2 years total, but can i ask for a student visa AFTER having received the working visa two years ago? Can this be seen as a negative fact by the Japanese Immigration?
Thanks for reading the long question. I apologize for my English and I will appreciate any kind of answer or advice.

Do you have professional qualifications (four-year degree etc.)? If so, I think it would be better to get a working visa.
Of course that means you would have to line up a job and sponsoring company in these tough economic times.
But since you have experience working there already you may have a chance.

The student method might be easier though. As long as you have the money and a sponsoring school it shouldn't be that hard. Honestly I don't know for sure but logically it shouldn't matter if you were in the work force and decide to become a student again. I don't think that's an uncommon scenario.

Yes I have a bachelor degree and all the requirements to study or work in Japan, I was just wondering if having already being there to study and work could sound suspicious to the Immigration Bureau and compromise my visa request. I hope everything will be alright and I appreciated your answer, thanks!

If you were here for only one year as a student, they might allow another year. What did you study before? Was it in a high school or university or what? If you were to get a student visa again, what are you thinking? Going to a language school counts for a student visa.

Ultimately, it depends on why you want to be here at all. If you have already worked here with a college degree, then the only reason that makes sense to me for another student visa is to improve your Japanese skills at a language school. If it's work experience you seek, then get a job. Your previous experience here will count in your favor. What sort of work did you do, and what do you want now?

But at this moment, I don't think Japan allows people from Italy to enter the country. So, when are you hoping to come?

Back
Top Bottom