What's new

School Days

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
31 Jan 2003
Okay, so I just sent my oldest son to his first day of Kindergarten. After 5 years of staying at home with mom and brothers, he's thrust into reality by going to public school Kindergarten...*sigh*

I have handled it very well so far, but I would like to be able to get my mind off it for the time being. :eek:

So, what are your Kindergarten memories? On the first day of school, what was it like? Anything really funny happen or any memories in particular stand out?

For me, I miss my elementary school days. Outlining letters in pinto beans, rest time on my towel(instead of a KinderMat that my mom did not get me and from then on I had a KinderMat complex), water fountains, the new and simply amazing Apple computer lab, and of course, playing doctor in the treehouse during recess... :D

Hm, playing with lego, building towers of wooden blocks. Scaring the sister with a fake-snake. Hurting the knee with glass shards. Standing up a little kid to watch the complete winter sun dawn over the near mountain ranges. Hmm... good and bad memories.

Well I cried like a whiney little brat, until my mum offered to buy me a toy, that shut me up. Our room was great, we had a big slide in the middle of it that kept me entertained for a few hours. It was nice enough. I still miss having milk and cookies bought to me though, teachers now think their more important than that :)

Originally posted by kirei_na_me
Okay, so I just sent my oldest son to his first day of Kindergarten. After 5 years of staying at home with mom and brothers, he's thrust into reality by going to public school Kindergarten...*sigh*

I have handled it very well so far, but I would like to be able to get my mind off it for the time being. :eek:

So, what are your Kindergarten memories? On the first day of school, what was it like? Anything really funny happen or any memories in particular stand out?

For me, I miss my elementary school days. Outlining letters in pinto beans, rest time on my towel(instead of a KinderMat that my mom did not get me and from then on I had a KinderMat complex), water fountains, the new and simply amazing Apple computer lab, and of course, playing doctor in the treehouse during recess... :D

A boy stole my first kiss😊 And I was like, eek? And then I screamed. I remember that day, after the class had ended, we waved goodbye to one another. This boy followed his mum but turned around and ran toward my direction. Then he kissed me on the lips. And then he ran back to his mum. I thought that was disgusting. Oh! I had a few boyfriends in kindergarden. The perks? Well, more cookies from the boys during snack time.

I don't really remember much that far back. But today was my first day back teaching kindergardeners. My memories? It was 33 degrees celcius INSIDE. And it was 33 degrees outside. Ah, school life in Japan...

I'm back in school, too. Yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to return school. But I dread the homework ...........:)

I have absolutely no memories whatsoever from my Kindergarten days (not entirely sure if that's a good or bad thing...). I do remember the sensation of what I can only describe as taking lots of naps. Long ones. All the time. And the occasional "wake up for snacktime" followed of course by another nap...
:)

My parents couldn't afford a babysitter, so I actually went to two kindergartens--one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I had a boyfriend back then who attended the same kindergarten. While riding in the back of the bus one day, he pulled my hand into his and leaned down and kissed it. And I remember thinking, "Wow, just like the movies!" Impressed the hell out of me, even if I was only 5. 😄

Back
Top Bottom