What's new

Retired accounts -vs- Banned accounts

Mikawa Ossan

いかんわ!
17 Sep 2005
Being a former moderator, I know that a certain number of our "banned" users are not actually "banned" per se, but rather they have requested that their accounts be shut down.

I think that by putting them with the "banned" users, it has a general negative effect on Jref, so I would like to propose setting up a new user catagory "Retired" or something similar for users who request to have their accounts disactivated. The account could have the same restrictions placed on it as a banned account would, but it would be better for overall morale on Jref.

I like the Idea!

Let's see what I can do in the upcoming weeks.

Last edited:
if users are no longer interested in remaining active on the site, there's nothing stopping them from changing their user title to "retired" and having someone change their password so they won't know it. This sounds like a lot of work for nothing new.

if users are no longer interested in remaining active on the site, there's nothing stopping them from changing their user title to "retired" and having someone change their password so they won't know it. This sounds like a lot of work for nothing new.
In some cases the retired members are members that have forgotten about their old accounts and have rejoined under a new name.
As for changing passwords it is most likely only possible for admin to do such things. Mods cannot do that.

are users themselves unable to change their passwords? hmm

What's the difference between someone that forgot about their account and re-registered, and someone that asked for their account to be retired, then came back and re-registered?

Back
Top Bottom