What's new

RE-introduction : repluging myself into the matrix.

Kirirao

Lost in the maze of life
18 Sep 2004
Life... takes some weird turns sometimes. I didn't really have any intention to go and work again in Japan, at most a visit every few years. But when an opportunities knock on the door, why not see how far this rabbit holes goes.

So, hello again guys! I just got a full time job offer in Shibuya, and currently waiting for my CoE, and if all goes well, I'll be there on the 1st of August, in the midst of the bloody summer. For those who didn't know I lived, studied and worked in Japan for over 5 years, and, living there with a rose colored glass on, Japan broke me into really tiny pieces. But thanks to a some very beautiful people in this forum, the damage weren't permanent, but I had to leave to recover.

Now at the ripe age of 34, I'm much more mature (hopefully), knows full well what I'm getting myself into, no more rose colored glasses, knows how to paddle through tough times (special thanks to life experience). So I think I'm quite ready for what ahead of me unlike last time, even though something inside me is still yelling "what did I got myself into".

Plus side, the salary seems reasonable, and not the nightmarish 21万 that I used to have as a fresh grad.

So, これからもよろしくお願いいたします!

Forum does seems a bit sparse nowadays though without the old faces that I'm used to read. But the question being asked, never changed. Which I found really amusing, its like JREF is in perpetual time loop.

Thanks mate! Good to be back, and life is definitely more interesting when you have no idea where it leads.

Got a lot to read up in terms of accommodation, considering if the visa goes through without a hitch, I will have less then a month to find a place to live at temporarily.

Welcome back, @Kirirao ! Good to see another "old face"! :D

Perpetual time loop? You bet! Unless there's no more internet, we'll still be here in 20 years, discussing working visa, anime subtitles and prepositions.

OH OH ! 20 more years ! I'll be 86 by then . Hopefully I will still know who I am by then , LOL. Welcome back Kirirao !

Thanks Thomas and Uncle Frank, great to see you guys again!

A small update.
I don't remember getting CoE this fast. Sent to the immigration on 5th of July and just received words today at the 13th and fedex'ed to me today. I thought I had more time to prepare since the normal CoE processing time is 1 month or so or so I heard. OMG so much thing to do and prepare, apply for visa, international driving license, temp housing, more clothes, more stuff that I haven't figured out yet. The company wants me to start on 1st of August.

And I got to figure out a way to decline the job that I was supposed to start in like next week on the 18th. Should I go to that job anyway since there are chances my Visa wont go through. OMG I'm in panic mode.

Back
Top Bottom