What's new

Raw fish

yuzu

後輩
28 Apr 2004
Hello everyone ^^ I went to a japanese resturant in hong kong a couple of weeks ago and tried a fish that the waiter recommended. He said it was 'fresh cut' so i agreed into trying it. Little did i know that the fish was so 'fresh' it was still moving! Highly disturbing as i was eating the meat 😌

Last edited:
That's...really gross.

I hope I never have to eat that, seeing as how I can't eat meat if it still looks like the original animal ^^;;

Props to you for actually finishing it though. I'm sure lots of people would have just stared at it and then ordered something else.

And welcome to the forum!

Most of the living fish is pretty ggod. They all have a differant texture and taste as compared to the pre-prepared fish. If ever you want to venture in that realm again I would recommend the live prawn (odori) way more palatable than ama-ebi

Good luck and welcome

It was still alive? ☝ Geez, I didn't know China had food like that. Did you like it, or just eat it because you didn't wanna be rude? I've never tried that, but I have has several types of sushi, including eel (which was just odd) and I like it fairly well. But I congratulate you for eating live fish!

mmm raw fish, so fresh you can taste it's soul ☝

They always put fancy names on raw food don't they?
I won't eat anything that still bleeds. that reminds me of the chicken we had in the military 😭

Sounds to me like a fish that was freshly made into sashimi and the muscles were undergoing spasms, which they can sometimes do on fish. I remember filleting a fish I'd just caught to save some time later, turned around and the half filleted fish starts hopping about (headless and missing a side mind you) and falls off the boat and into the water!

Btw, raw fish doesnt bleed ;)

Raw fish doesn't bleed? ....come to think of it, I never have seen a fish bleed when you gut it. Odd.
Muscle spasms would be much better than an actual live fish. That would just be freaky.

Back
Top Bottom