What's new

Question for people working at Universities

Status
Not open for further replies.
re:housing
Ask your friends. Maybe they know of some free digs in Kyushu. I certainly don't. Most teachers get nothing for housing accommodation, certainly no free housing here.

But with your experience here earlier, you should already know that...

re:housing
Ask your friends. Maybe they know of some free digs in Kyushu. I certainly don't. Most teachers get nothing for housing accommodation, certainly no free housing here.

But with your experience here earlier, you should already know that...

I used to get subsidized accommodation, I would pay 15.000 yen for a 3 bedroom mansion in the Tokyo area. I know of a few other professors at other universities who would get subsidized housing. I thought that was quite normal. Are you sure you know about universities, I am starting to wonder since you advice is seems to be quite contradictory, or have you only worked at one university?

Go elsewhere if you don't like the advice you're given. Some other forums would eat you alive.

Go elsewhere if you don't like the advice you're given. Some other forums would eat you alive.

what other forums are there? gaijinpot died, gaijinot died, daves esl cafe doesn't seem to have anyone who has worked at universities apart from part-timers. The chronicle is not Japan related. I was just saying that I am surprised you have never heard of professors getting free or subsidized accommodation.

Dead forums, or they're not meeting your expectations?

Ask your friends...! :whistling:

ishibai wrote:
... I still have friends working at universities in Japan. ...

Dead forums, or they're not meeting your expectations?

Ask your friends...! :whistling:

ishibai wrote:

The only person with an information here on unis is Glenski and while his information is good, would you really make life changing decisions based on one person's opinion. I know nothing of Glenski's academic background and he is not forthcoming with it.

Do I need to be, especially if my "information is good"?
😁

Johnny G sorry I didn't mention your advice, after re-reading the thread it has been helpful, apart from the snide comment telling me to stay put in the middle east, it hope it was not meant to be racist, but it annoyed me.

Glenski:
You should since I and many others with critical thinking skills may regard your opinion as lacking credibility. You need to justify your credibility for people to take your opinions seriously. I have already justified mine, but explaining my 30 odd years university teaching experience 20 of which was in Japan. By good, I mean I am appreciative of you voicing your opinion, but some things you have said have been contradictory with what my old colleagues and friends have told me still in Japan (the tape recorders being one) and the housing and allowances.

Gosh, I've been posting on 3 forums for almost 2 decades now. My credentials are spread out over them over the years. Not my fault that your critical thinking skills don't jibe with your Internet searching (if you've searched, that is). I don't feel any need to say more about this, especially since you have already praised the worth of my comments.

Should anyone trust advice from just one person if they are seeking counsel for a future? Of course not. But you are treading on thin ice here in a veiled attempt to discredit me. Look around and you'll see my advice over the nearly 2 decades is sound.

If what I write seems to contradict what your friends say, why be suspicious of me? I have no agenda against you. I don't know you. A person with good critical thinking skills would see the polar differences and realize that the true answer is neither one 100%, but a hybrid that may lean more towards one or the other. And, that is precisely the case here. I see this line of questioning as nearing a trolling point. Let's move on.

Gosh, I've been posting on 3 forums for almost 2 decades now. My credentials are spread out over them over the years. Not my fault that your critical thinking skills don't jibe with your Internet searching (if you've searched, that is). I don't feel any need to say more about this, especially since you have already praised the worth of my comments.

Should anyone trust advice from just one person if they are seeking counsel for a future? Of course not. But you are treading on thin ice here in a veiled attempt to discredit me. Look around and you'll see my advice over the nearly 2 decades is sound.

If what I write seems to contradict what your friends say, why be suspicious of me? I have no agenda against you. I don't know you. A person with good critical thinking skills would see the polar differences and realize that the true answer is neither one 100%, but a hybrid that may lean more towards one or the other. And, that is precisely the case here. I see this line of questioning as nearing a trolling point. Let's move on.

I didn't know you have been posting on forums for 20 years, can you link to a post with your work history or similar, or just briefly state it. As I said before the only person I remember from reading forums about 10 years ago were Paul H and Kurogane, just because they had that many posts.

I didn't know you have been posting on forums for 20 years,
Almost.
can you link to a post with your work history or similar, or just briefly state it.
No. Stop asking! Please!
As I said before the only person I remember from reading forums about 10 years ago were Paul H and Kurogane, just because they had that many posts.
Then you are either totally blind or trolling because the 3 of us posted together for 10 years or more on GP. I had the 3rd or 4th highest post count there.

Admin, please see to to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom