What's new

Please suggest some Youtube channels

filipe.mtx

Kouhai
11 Oct 2021
I have language reactor installed on my browser and I'm looking for good family-friendly youtube channels for me to learn japanese on the wild

If you can suggest me interesting channels that you like...

Thanks in advance

What is your ability level? Beginner? Intermediate? Advanced?
I consider myself a beginner.
I can read hiragana and katakana and know some 80+ kanjis, common words and expressions and some basic grammar rules.
I'm doing duolingo for roughly a year

BUT my goal is to use videos as my learning method, so I would look up words and expressions I don't know and the time is not a problem as long as I learn
Any level is welcome

Filipe,

Your strengths are:

* a 'beginner' in Japanese

* familiar with hiragana, katakana, and more than a handful of kanji

I strongly feel you should learn children's songs in Japanese (I also strongly feel you should not learn rock 'n roll songs.) Here are a few that I am familiar with.

If you have any trouble understanding the meanings, please do not hesitate to ask.

Filipe,

Another thing you can do is learn some of the easier karaoke songs in Japanese. Would you like to know a couple of the titles?

For good listening practice, I really like moshi moshi yusuke's channel. In many videos he'll walk around and monologue into the camera, explaining various things about Japanese history or culture or daily life. Sometimes he'll talk to other people and give you a taste of conversational Japanese. He puts in the work to make sure his videos are fully subtitled in English and Japanese.

These materials are helpful, but you should be learning Japanese with a proper textbook or classroom approach. As you learn new vocabulary and grammar structures, you'll be able to start noticing them being used, and by listening carefully and cross-referencing the subtitles, you'll get a feel for how they're used by native speakers. Once you've built your foundation you'll get more comfortable with the structure of Japanese sentences, you'll be able to pick up new things from channels like this.

日本語 Class,

If you want to learn Japanese, the first thing you must do is study a Japanese textbook from cover to cover. Have you already done this?
I want the video comics just for entertainment. It would be good with English subs so I could understand it. I already have other Japanese studying tools

Do you know any for more beginner levels, OR, difficult but with English subtitles? If so Id be really interested
[Translated Japanese Animation] Doomsday with my dog#1
Japanese version

English version

Translated Japanese Animation】Doomsday with my dog#2
Japanese version

English version

【公式】世界の終わりに柴犬と【切り抜きOK】

【Learn Japanese with Anime アニメで学ぶ日本語】 Hibike! Euphonium #1 ようこそハイスクール

日本語 Class,

Once you have studied a textbook (or online course) cover to cover, and once you have mastered the art of reading and writing hiragana, you will be ready to start doing online language exchanges with Japanese people. A language exchange means spending, say, 20 minutes of them helping you with your Japanese, then spending 20 minutes with you helping them with their English. There are thousands of Japanese people in Japan who would love to do online language exchanges with you. (Just don't make the mistake of forcing them to read/write Romaji instead of reading/writing hiragana.) If you need ideas of what to do during a language exchange, please do not hesitate. Myself and plenty of other people on this forum have lots of ideas on what to talk about.

By the way, I would be interested in groups with Nihongo learning, preferred basic level

I looked for some months ago for Line chats but all I found were either expired links or for intermediate, while Im begginer.

I could accept in nearly any place, like Fb/Messenger groups, Line, Reddit/Discord, forums, etc, though for now I think I'd make better use if it is begginer and written-only

Fb/Messenger groups, Line, Reddit/Discord, forums, etc,

日本語 Class,

Even a beginner will benefit from doing a language exchange. It would also be nice to join some kind of Facebook group, but don't let it slow you down if you if you can't find one.

The biggest challenge you have right now is committing yourself to putting in some hard work — once you make the commitment, everything else will come along easier. You can do it. Go for it. Don't let things like a lack of Japanese ability slow you down.

Filipe,

Your strengths are:

* a 'beginner' in Japanese

* familiar with hiragana, katakana, and more than a handful of kanji

I strongly feel you should learn children's songs in Japanese (I also strongly feel you should not learn rock 'n roll songs.) Here are a few that I am familiar with.

If you have any trouble understanding the meanings, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to follow through with this too! especially since It's children I work with!!

Back
Top Bottom