What's new

PC sales decline....

den4

先輩
15 Nov 2002
If the cell phone is as convenient as they make it in Japan, it is only a matter of time before the PC is obsolete, except in the office....

neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf?CID=onair/asabt/news/228216

:emoji_grinning:

Nah, will never happen. Can you imagine posting to this board via mobile phone?

;)

imagine

I can imagine somebody in J-land doing it....since I've seen many impractical things done in Japan.....but you're probably right...it won't be done by cell phone.....maybe they'll come up with that holographic digital interface that projects before you, and you key in the virtual keyboard to input your comments....they've done it in Anime and some SF movies, so why not have something like that in some future scenario? :D
😄

Re: imagine

Originally posted by den4
I can imagine somebody in J-land doing it....since I've seen many impractical things done in Japan.....but you're probably right...it won't be done by cell phone.....maybe they'll come up with that holographic digital interface that projects before you, and you key in the virtual keyboard to input your comments....they've done it in Anime and some SF movies, so why not have something like that in some future scenario? :D
😄

agree
it`s not imposibble :D
not for now though...maybe someday:D

Actually I already tried with success viewing and posting with a PDA running MS PPC, through the use of the pocket browser (Rapier, I think) on a XMB-based forum I used to run.

A bit tricky since there was vertical and horizontal scroll, but it worked.

Hmmm... this was almost a year ago, and the PPC was an iPAQ.

p.s.

Rapier is/was the codename for microsoft IE on PPC, which is/was in turn a upgrade version of IE 3.0. It's been a while since I mess with this stuff, so It is probably more advanced by now, or a new version is already deployed.

My favourite type of imput would be something in the style of Final Fantasy (the movie) interfaces. Gorgeous.
One camera and screen over an eye. The camera to read the eye movement and the screen to display a 3-D real-time interface. Sensors in a glove would read spatial movement. But I'm ranting...

Back
Top Bottom