What's new

Park hyatt hotel

Wataru

先輩
11 Mar 2005
After watching lost in translation about a million times i have to ask, has anyone stayed there before?

what was it like?

Hmmm ...... park hyatts view looked prettier than the ritz carlton.

How much yen was the PH a night? What about the Ritz Carlton?

no. i havnt stayed in there hotels yet, but somebody who i know have a GOLDEN CARD from them, so she can stay in the 210 hotels in the world FOR FREE ( just she need to pay for food and drinks... disapiontment,,,, 😊 )

If you have a few hundred bucks to blow the New York Grill on the top floor is nice, but it's a special occasions only place. The New York Bar isn't bad, but also pricey. They have live music and of course a great view, but I had a turd, two skotches, and a few beers and the tab was upwards of 18000 yen. They weren't cheap drinks. :|

EDIT: One stupid fact that my friend found out the hard way. They don't serve Suntory Whiskey at the at the NY Bar. :)

Yeah the view from the room I had at the Ritz didnt have that superb of a view. Then again, Osaka is nothing like Tokyo, or more specifically Shinjuku where the Hyatt is.

It cost 42,000 yen or something for the room I had.

I was there last week.. great view. the hotel starts at level 40.. u can go to the ebst place in Tokyo and have drink for 1300Yen or goto new york bar where they filmed Lost in Translation Entry fee is 2000yen

Great place... I think it cost around 600US a night that is a basic single room
If u want to spend 2000US is worth it...

Wataru said:
After watching lost in translation about a million times i have to ask, has anyone stayed there before?

what was it like?

has anyone tried the drink "suntory wisky"?
the one from the film,
for relaxing times make it suntory time, that is class, definitely a brill film, i just watched it because it was set in japan, i even watched the making of it to see the magnificent city of Tokyo.

bah! ms coppola should have had at least the decency to include subtitles. the stuff that was being said in japanese wasn't that bad
although i guess a weak-minded person would say it made the film more immersive towards the experiences of being a non-japanese-language-speaking person in japan
king britt has a cd out incidentally. it's okay

Wataru said:

what was it like?

The rooms are quite nice but the hotel's location is a bit inconvenient. If you want to go anywhere, you either have to take a cab or a shuttle bus to the Shinjuku station. Walking, while possible, is only recommended when you're not carrying anything. Also, the restaurants in that hotel are so-so (at best). The New York Grill is HIGHLY-overrated. If you must eat there, ask for a table near a window as the breath-taking view will help you to forget the drab flavor of the food.

I've found the Park Hyatt's younger sister, the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi, to be the better alternative. Its location makes it very easy to get around either on foot or mass trans. The restaurants in the hotel are very nice as well. The Oak Door is great for grilled meats and French Kitchen offers a very nice brunch buffet. I wouldn't recommend the Japanese restaurants because they're vastly overpriced compared to their competitors who are but a short walk or train ride away. The rooms also seem larger than that of PH.

Hope this helps.
Shibuyaexpat

Back
Top Bottom