What's new

Osaka and Tokyo are competitors? Getting along well?

jackkrone

後輩
25 Feb 2007
It is said that Osaka people walk right on the escalator,exactly opposite as people do in Tokyo. Osaka can potentially challendge the status of Tokyo,as several giant business headquarters are located there,many biz moguls were brought up in Osaka.
I easily noticed that Tokyo is much bigger and more modern than Osaka,what is real feud betw two giants? Is Osaka worker really buillied in Tokyo? The Osaka accent is strikingly different from Tokyos? the best Japanese cuisines are in Osaka? ..... i am so curious about the relat betwn two metropolises....

It is said that Osaka people walk right on the escalator,exactly opposite as people do in Tokyo. Osaka can potentially challendge the status of Tokyo,as several giant business headquarters are located there,many biz moguls were brought up in Osaka.
I easily noticed that Tokyo is much bigger and more modern than Osaka,what is real feud betw two giants? Is Osaka worker really buillied in Tokyo? The Osaka accent is strikingly different from Tokyos? the best Japanese cuisines are in Osaka? ..... i am so curious about the relat betwn two metropolises....
I went to see FC Tokyo play against Gamba Osaka yesterday and there were no problems!
I think most people in both cities are too busy trying to survive/being in love/raising a family/ /worrying/going out with their friends and generally leading a life to think much about the other city. Never heard of Osakans being bullied in Tokyo either.

I went to see FC Tokyo play against Gamba Osaka yesterday and there were no problems!
I think most people in both cities are too busy trying to survive/being in love/raising a family/ /worrying/going out with their friends and generally leading a life to think much about the other city. Never heard of Osakans being bullied in Tokyo either.

Ok,thanks. I was told by the tourist guide when travelling in Japan. Most people are being busily occupied by working,family,travel etc,it does not make any sense to have the civic feud.

There is no civil feud whatsoever. The rest of Japan is pretty much amused by the patois of Osaka; though it's probably a bit of a cliché, people from Osaka are considered to be more humorous than other Japanese. A lot of popular actors and comedians seem to hail from there. On the other hand, a large portion of the capital's population moved there from other parts of Japan. The relation between Tokyo and Osaka is probably not dissimilar to the one between Beijing and Shanghai.

There is no civil feud whatsoever. The rest of Japan is pretty much amused by the patois of Osaka; though it's probably a bit of a cliché, people from Osaka are considered to be more humorous than other Japanese. A lot of popular actors and comedians seem to hail from there. On the other hand, a large portion of the capital's population moved there from other parts of Japan. The relation between Tokyo and Osaka is probably not dissimilar to the one between Beijing and Shanghai.
Shanghai people think Shanghai is the best in mainland of China. Beijing guys are proud of being the capital,and think they are the boss of all places in China. Most Japanese prefers Shanghai to Beijing,as the weather is quite similar to Tokyo. Shanghai is more convenient to settle down

Back
Top Bottom