What's new

Official Nintendo Wii Thread

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
Since December my family is a proud owner of a white, small, and a very nice designed nintendo Wii.

I really enjoy playing the Wii, although I have to be honest I do not like to play it alone... ) and the things what you can do on it are very nice.

We own Wii Sports (my fav game, bowling :D), Olympics (Sonic on the 100M, is a piece of cake, but archery is a pain), Mario party (which has some fun games on it, but I do not like it that much... you can't really choose games... I still have to figure it out a bit more), and then last but definitely not least Wii Fit.

On wii fit you can do balance games, yoga, and many more games. See this youtube video for an introduction:

So what's your opinion about the Wii?

Honestly? We have one at work to relax with, my mate has one which my partner and I sometimes play party games on so I've probably put a good few hours in on it... and I think it's terribly overrated. As a party machine for a quick five minute giggle its great, as a serious gaming platform it's a joke.

I'm stating what's probably the blindingly obvious really- that's exactly what Ninty were aiming at. Just not my cup of tea (not at the current price tag of about £200 anyway!).
Plus I tend to get wrist/arm pains after about 15 minutes on it :( Which as far as I'm concerned is poor HCI design.

As an interesting aside, the whole Wii-keeps-you-fit thing is pretty much nonsense (BBC NEWS | Health | Wii players need to exercise too). Doesn't mean it's not fun, and again Ninty never advertised it as an exercise machine, but pretty much just cements my opinion that you can get better results in terms of enjoyment and bonding by buying a good family boardgame, playing outside, organising a (real) game of sports or just going for a walk around the block.

Bah. I'm so cynical :(

A great use !

The news has had some good stories about using it in nursing homes. It seems the patients love using it for bowling and other games. People in wheelchairs and other mobility problems can enjoy using it. I think that is a wonderful use for it.

Uncle Frank

👍

There was something similar about the more precision-oriented games being good warmups for people with precision jobs (surgeons for example).

I'm thinking of buying this game (which is going to cost me 7,000 yen).

What do you guys think:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Last edited:
I LOVE my Wii! I played so much tennis I actually got tennis elbow and had to stop playing for a bit. Bowling is fun too. I get my mom to play bowling, it's good exercise for her. I like Wii sports a lot. I have a Carnival game too, but I haven't played it much. I also bought two different golf games, one was really like anime and it wasn't really like playing golf and the other was Tiger Woods and it is sooooooo hard it's not fun. I have a racing game too, but it's a bit hard to control the cars and I crash all the time. I always end up at Wii sports. Oh, I have Wii play too, it's ok, but I wouldn't recommend it.

you should definately buy that game, its gonna be crazy . what i mean is, its one of the most anticipating games in the year. im getting it for myself soon =)

I love and have the Wii. I am a proud owner!

Only problem is my mom took it away from me cuz I was using it to get on the internet. She has something against me being on the internet. She never wants me on it. And she claims: "We bought you the wii to play games on, not to get on the internet!"

big gamer here ! XD

anyone who's interested in wifing on wii for mario kart or brawls . plez pm me FC thanks ^^

I didn't have Wii yet ...=__=
But I heard that the new release for Fatal Frame will be exclusive on Wii .. Is that true ?

The wii is so much fun.

I like it because it is good for company and has twilight princess.

Plus, I think that the wireless wrist action thingy makes it si much simpler to use

I often get confused by buttons then my character dies

I just finished paper mario and super mario galaxy. In my opinion the really good games are the ones made buy nintendo. Good third party games are hard to come by. The only third party game that I am looking forward to is the new Final Fantasy game.

Back
Top Bottom