What's new

New to the Forum

bakergirl35

Registered
1 Sep 2021
Hello All....I 'm new here. I'm a retired female, elementary teacher --happily married in USA. I have a dear friend in Japan and stay in touch with her often. I was cuious what Japanese people like to talk about? I was specially curious what Japanese people feel about the vaccines for Covid?

Welcome and glad you found us. Just so you are aware and nothing wrong with it , but many of our regular posters are from around the world and not just in Japan. I hope you find things here that interest you. I bet you have some interesting stories you could tell about teaching youngsters for several years.

I'm not Japanese, but I find it really cool that you have a friend in Japan. How did yall meet?😯💕

Hello All....I 'm new here. I'm a retired female, elementary teacher --happily married in USA. I have a dear friend in Japan and stay in touch with her often. I was cuious what Japanese people like to talk about? I was specially curious what Japanese people feel about the vaccines for Covid?
Japanese people are generally accepting of the vaccine. But of course they have anti-vaxxers too. Not so many anti-maskers since mask-wearing to stem communicable disease has been a part of the culture for decades. Unfortunately a lot consisting of more than a million doses of Moderna (produced in Spain I think) were found to be tainted which didn't really help build confidence but they are proceeding with the rollout.

Welcome to the forum!
To answer your last question, Japan is a highly risk-averse country so new innovations from abroad (the internet, the female birth control pill, Airbnb) have historically been treated with suspicion by the establishment and unease by much of the population, although there are very few of the militant anti-vaxxers that you get in some western countries. The same has been true for the Covid vaccines, and Japan got off to a very slow start in vaccinating its population. It has now mostly caught up, with over half the population having had at least one jab.

Back
Top Bottom