What's new

Need help identifying an officer's name

showa tenno

Kouhai
9 Dec 2020
Hello dear friends,

I would like to know if these three pieces (that I bought together) : bicorne hat, box and jacket belong to the same person ?
There is a name inside the bicorne hat... is it the same name embroidered inside the collar of the jacket (in another writing) ? ...and in the collar of the jacket Is the name in Romaji the translation of writing into Kanji ? or the name of the tailor ??
IJN Trincoballo 8.1.jpg
IJN Trincobalo 24.jpg
IJN Trincoballo 5.jpg

and what about the name written on the box of the bicorne hat... name of the manufacturer ?, rank of the officer ???

Thank you very much for your very precious help, I hope I don't abuse your kindness

Best regards

Showa tenno

Attachments

• IJN Trincoballo 5.jpg
    IJN Trincoballo 5.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 90
The one on the box is the officer's name 星野倉吉 Hoshino Kurakichi. The name inside the hat is also his name Hoshino written in hentaigana, as same as the hat in your previous thread.

This is the same one in the following page, right?
Japanese Militaria Page

The name inside the jacket is 辻 Tsuji. This would be the name of the tailor, I think.

Hi Toritoribe,

Thank you very much for all this information,
thanks also for this link to the Japanese seller page.
I bought this set in Italy probably to the person who bought it at Yukishiro Misaki - Toronto (japanese militaria), it's the same hat and box, I don't know that.
As same as in my previous thread, you cannot imagine how precious your help is and how it gives me full satisfaction.
thousand thanks,
Best regards
Showa tenno

Hi Toritoribe

Thanks to the link you gave me I know a little more about this officer, but my curiosity is greatly solicited and I would now like to know a little more.

I've been able to interpret some of the information in this captain's service record, but there are still a lot of blanks left.

Can you tell me if what I've translated is correct ? I think there is a reference in the text to other ships he would have ordered or other events, but I am unable to understand them.

So...another time could you help me

I don't want to take up too much of your courtesy, so take the time to answer, I'll wait as long as it is necessary

Best regards,

Showa tenno

Attachments

• scan etat service.jpg
    scan etat service.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 135
星野倉吉 Hoshino Kurakichi (兵36、34/190東京) 大佐
Hoshino Kurakichi (Graduated from the 36th class of the Imperial Japanese Naval Academy with a ranking of 34 out of a class of 190 cadets, from Tokyo) Final Rank: Naval Captain

1908.11/21 少尉候補生
November 21, 1908 Naval Cadet

10.1/15 少尉
January 15, 1910 Sublieutenant

11.12/1 中尉
December 1, 1911 Junior Lieutenant

14.12/1 大尉 矢矧水雷長
December 1, 1914 Lieutenant, Torpedo Officer of Cruiser Yahagi

20.1/12 天龍水雷長
January 12, 1920 Torpedo Officer of Cruiser Tenryū

20.12/1 少佐
December 1, 1920 Lieutenant Commander

23.4/1 呉工廠水雷部検査官
April 1, 1923 Examination Officer in Kure Naval Arsenal Torpedo Division

25.12/1 中佐 艦政本部造兵監督官
December 1, 1925 Junior Captain, Ordnance Officer in The Imperial Japanese Navy Technical Department

28.12/10 佐世保艦船部員
December 10, 1928 Member of Sasebo Naval District Ships Division

30.11/10 早鞆艦長
November 10, 1930 Captain of Oiler Hayatomo
(all in Japanese)

30.12/1 大佐
December 1, 1930 Captain

31.4/5 名取艦長
April 5, 1931 Captain of Cruiser Natori

12/1 青葉艦長
December 1(, 1931) Captain of Cruiser Aoba

59.8/31 死去
August 31, 1959 Died

Toritoribe

You're really fantastic !
your fast answer is a nugget, a bible.!!!
Everything is here : name of the ships the officer has commanded and.."cerise sur le gâteau" (as we say in France) - icing on the cake : photos of differents ships.
Very very precious informations for me
Thousand thanks
Best regards
Showa tenno

Back
Top Bottom