What's new

Question National Insurance Card and Working Visa Extension Application

Eigo

Kouhai
16 Jan 2020
Hello everyone.

I recently read information, interviews online dating back to 2010 that said to the effect of Article 8 / Item 8 in the required evidence to award you a successful outcome in your visa extension application of needing to submit your National Insurance card upon application, and not doing so can no longer be a factor in refusing working visa extensions. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this?

One thing I read was an interview with an immigration lawyer that spelled this out clearly to be true. I'm struggling to find more up to date information to confirm one way or another whether submitting your card on application is a factor or not.

I appreciate it may confuse people why I'm asking this, but last year I didn't submit a card but was asked to provide a printed certificate to evidence my payments for Reiwa 2, 2020. I'm due to renew/extend my visa again in August but this time will submit my National Insurance card.

I'd also like to ask, would missing a couple of months NI payments prevent me from being successful in my extension application? This is where I'm a little confused because the interview with the immigration lawyer clearly states even non providing of a card should not be a determining factor with a visa application outcome and that the Article/Item 8 which once said it was, has now been removed.

I apologise for the mouthful but it's difficult to put it straight.

My city tax is fully paid by the way, I owe nothing for this year and plan on submitting the certificate for that and card for NI along with all other relevant documents. The card should evidence I am in fact enrolled in the system.

I think I'm worried about missed payments over the past months that have been difficult to meet due to surprise issues with my motorcycle which has been essential with traveling to work. I've needed to make a decision on paying for repairs to get to work so as to earn the money to live. It's meant taking money from other things.

The information I'm referring to in my initial post, most of it came from this link: Immigration & Health Care: The Facts

So, I'm fully paid with City Tax already for the year but I'm worried about arrears in National Insurance affecting my visa extension application.

Back
Top Bottom