What's new

my own website

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
hello this i my non commerical website... its all in dutch. but i would like to know what you guys think of the design ( im begining designer, no so good yet) and if you can read it, what you think of the text

Japan ichiban

Dave

Looks pretty good to me !

Navigation is simple, easy .... and works ! (Much better than a few large corporations I could mention ... !)

Just looking at that Navigation Bar, though ... you've given yourself a lot of work to do ... !

Wishing you all the very best with your project .....

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

yeah the navigation bar wasnt that easy, but yeah its easy to understand things. tough im not 100% satisfight with it,, but yeah this is my first website on internet and im just designing for 4 months so... not so much to complain with.. arigato for your review on it sensuikan-san

yeah it's easy to navigate - and even I do not understand one word in Dutch I understood! - I am German.
There is only one thing I miss - pictures; it makes it easier to use.
keep on

Hey, het ziet er goed uit maar je kan beter de navigation wat overzichtelijker maken ;-) Ipv alles in de linker bar te zetten onderandere, moet je teveel scrollen 😌 En wat meer prentjes bij het eten ;-) Maare is voor de rest wel nice :) ganbattene 👍

engels is miss ook handig voor niet NL-sprekende mensen ;-) Heb je zo een groter publiek !

sure thing :)
Hey, het ziet er goed uit maar je kan beter de navigation wat overzichtelijker maken Ipv alles in de linker bar te zetten onderandere, moet je teveel scrollen En wat meer prentjes bij het eten Maare is voor de rest wel nice ganbattene

engels is miss ook handig voor niet NL-sprekende mensen Heb je zo een groter publiek !

Hey, things look good but you could make the navigation a little more clear nstead of putting everthing in the left bar.Because this way u need to scroll too much.Also more pics in the food section, for the rest it's ok :)

maybe an english section is handy for the non-english speaking people, this way u got a bigger audience ! 👍

RockLee said:
sure thing :)

Hey, things look good but you could make the navigation a little more clear nstead of putting everthing in the left bar.Because this way u need to scroll too much.Also more pics in the food section, for the rest it's ok :)

maybe an english section is handy for the non-english speaking people, this way u got a bigger audience ! 👍

well the site is a non-commericial site, so no bigger audience needed for this one... (already everything is on the internet in english) . i use the website for my studie , and to learn about japan

btw i would like to thank the people for responsing on my site and here!!! arigato ne :p

i will keep working on this website, how ever i need to start other projects too!

after hearing from a lott of people about the navigation bar i changed some things a bit. im not 100% happy yet, but i like the idea, and makes the navigation still easy, and not so long scrolling,,, this is just 1 page with the idea, what you guys think of it

test page of japan ichiban

Maybe a lil more contrast in color. I could easily complain that those shades are slightly distracting to the content.

oh my god, that colour burns my retina >_<

I suggest you fade the colours a bit.. just tone it down.. it'll be alot easier on the eyes if you do.

Good site, but

it is soooo bright. My eyes hurt after looking at it. I was surprised at how much I could understand, despite having no dutch. Mind you it is a Germanic language with various common words. I found it easier to read if I spoke it out loud in a cod Dutch accent. :) 👍

..::NatsuRoami::.. said:
...is PINK! :D 😍 I have some problem with this page o_O Everything is In one point o_O

what do you mean with one point??

btw i dont understand about the colors, i look on my own computer everything is normal, i look on another computer everything is to bride... mm i think i changed something then...

ok. i changed the navigation, with some javascript ( it took me 4 hours to create it.. hope you guys think this is better then the other one... )
whats up with all the colors then?
all you guys have it to bright?

test page of japan ichi ban

I agree with Mycer.

Knowing some german, some English and some Swedish is basically enough to understand it all pretty damned well. (Yeah, they have Swedish words too... the whole language feels like a giant mix of those three languages..)

Probably wouldn't understand much spoken though.

About test3.htm:
It doesn't work in Firefox. At all.. it's basically just a broken menu there :/

too bad, looked good in IE.. but you need some compatability too ;)

TwistedMac said:
I agree with Mycer.

Knowing some german, some English and some Swedish is basically enough to understand it all pretty damned well. (Yeah, they have Swedish words too... the whole language feels like a giant mix of those three languages..)

Probably wouldn't understand much spoken though.
well maby you would understand it a bit... i used to had a swedish girl ( mmm hot hot hot) and we teached each other a bit dutch/swedish. and she did understand my words sometimes..

just i forgot the swedish langauge,,, but i wont forget : will do knulle ( forgive me if i write wrong :p)
TwistedMac said:
About test3.htm:
It doesn't work in Firefox. At all.. it's basically just a broken menu there :/

too bad, looked good in IE.. but you need some compatability too ;)
I got aware of that in the morning, so i fixed it now just a small problem with the z-index and margin of the navigation

Hi dutch!

I viewed your page and although I can't read Ducth, I'd say it looked good.

If I may say though. My first impression was that there was a lot of empty space. I am sure this will change as your site grows older.

Tokyobo
www.eol-japan.com

Hello

arigato for your compliment, tokyobo.

about the white spaces, i should fill it up with somethings yes. im just a begining webdesigner, and love to work on this website...

but i do need to work on my experience and im going to set up another website soon

i will be working on this website in the future again. put some advertisment on it or something...

arigato for your message !!!

There are so many things to consider when making a website... I'm still learning how to keep it compatible with as many browsers as possible, and for as many settings as possible.

There will be visitors who don't use JavaScript (like Google and Yahoo bots, but also human visitors), there will be visitors who can't see images (blind visitors, visitors on a very low bandwidth connection). You'll get visitors with hopelessly outdated browsers (Netscape 3.2, Internet Explorer 4), and visitors using a wide variety of browser sizes (from 640x480 to 2048x1536), and color settings (16 colors to 32 bit colors), and monitor types (old with faded colours, contrast set too high or too low, brightness settings that vary).

So whatever your site looks like on your computer, you can be sure it will look different on almost any other computer.

Most websites are designed for 800x600 resolution monitors because almost 20% (1 in every 5 visitors) of the internet users still use this resolution. Users with high-res displays usually don't mind that only half (or less) of their (maximized) browser window is used, just as long as the content stays together, so they don't have to click all over the place. Using a fixed width table layout for your website is then your best bet. (Take into consideration the space needed for the scroll bar and window borders and you're talking about 760 pixels of available space.)

Try using a simple text links menu somewhere on your page so people can still navigate your website when they don't have JavaScript enabled.

The easiest to read are black letters on a white background, but that's also dull (I still use it though ;)). But make sure you are using high-contrast colors for text. What you have on your page looks good, so don't fade the background color to a lighter shade, darker is ok of course :)

Also, common practice is to make your site logo a link to your main index page.

Back
Top Bottom