What's new

My new website ThatsJapan.com

jamie1227

後輩
6 Nov 2005
Hi all,

My website is http://www.thatsjapan.com

This is my first Japan travel guide website.

However only 50% of the website is completed because I'm still in the stage of completing it, hopefull by the next 2-3 weeks. Therefore, I really hope if anyone could give me more ideas on what to include in it and what other improvements I can have.

Also, I plan to include a section where authors can write articles about their own experience in Japan, or anything about Japan.

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

Jamie

WOW!!! 👍 窶堋キ窶堋イ窶堋「窶堙??堋キツ!

I haven't had time to go through the entire website yet . . . because there is so much there!!! You are doing a really wonderful job, so keep it up! I promise to continue to visit your site with anticipation to watch it continue to grow! :)

One suggestion that I would make, and it is one that I would make to any travel site regarding Japan, is to try and get the names and info for travel agencies that specialize in Japan travel in various cities (Seattle, San Francisco, New York . . . wherever you can get someone to provide you that information).
For example, I live in Seattle, and there is only 1 travel agency I go to for airline tickets to Japan - AA Travel. I go there because they beat the pants off all competitors as far as price. They are very friendly and helpful, and can also sell the JR rail passes. Right now, they are selling round trip tickets to Tokyo for $350!!! That is $40 cheaper than the closest competitor!!!
Anyway, I'm sure people in every city might know of a really great travel agent that they could tell you about . . . this might prove more useful to your target audience than just the ubiquitous link to Expedia (nothing against them, mind you).

I did have one question, too. Did business hotel prices rise that dramatically in the last four years?!? When I went to Japan I was able to stay in business hotels for between 4,000yen to 4,500yen . . . even in the Kanda district of Tokyo! That would suck if business hotels now cost the same as regular hotels . . . :unsure:

You are doing kewl things . . . keep it up!!! 👍 🙂 :)

Hi Kokusu,

Thanks for visiting my site and your suggestion. I'm updating the website everyday with at least 5-6 new pages and probably will take another 2-3 weeks to finish.

Will you be interested in writing any articles about japan for my website ? it can be of any topic related to Japan. Of course your name as the author will be included with the article and email if you wish.

I'm not only planning to make ThatsJapan.com as a travel guide site, but also a site where people can share their experience in Japan.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Jamie

Wow, that site it very cool. Lots of useful info and an easy to follow layout.
well done. how long have you been working on it

jamie1227 said:
Hi Kokusu,

Thanks for visiting my site and your suggestion. I'm updating the website everyday with at least 5-6 new pages and probably will take another 2-3 weeks to finish.

Will you be interested in writing any articles about japan for my website ? it can be of any topic related to Japan. Of course your name as the author will be included with the article and email if you wish.

I'm not only planning to make ThatsJapan.com as a travel guide site, but also a site where people can share their experience in Japan.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Jamie

I would love to write articles for you. Just let me know what your needs are and I will see what I can do. Mostly my perspective is regarding Japanese culture and history from an anthropological perspective (it's what I got my degree in from Univ. of Washington). But, well, I have a pretty big 'mouth' and can too easily be coaxed into writing/talking about pretty much anything I think I can research! 😌
Anyway, just keep in touch . . . I would be honored to contribute!

Deadhippo,

Thanks for visiting my website. I also viewed your website and is great, a lot of photos and great information about Yokohama. Well done too.

I've been working on this website for almost 1 month now and will be finishing it soon, another 2-3 weeks I hope.

Kokusu,

GREAT! Is very great to find someone that is interested in contributing to my website.

What are my needs ? everything Kokusu. I'm hoping you could contribute as much as you could of everything you know about Japan and share it with everyone else. Therefore I really don't mind what topic you want to write about, is completely up to you.

Also, you can even go through my website (Pages that actually works....) and see if I have left out any important informations, and then let me know.

I will use the next couple of day to figure out how to organise articles submitted by writers. I'll probably include a proper section on the header.

Any suggestion for that too ?

jamie1227 said:
I've been working on this website for almost 1 month now and will be finishing it soon, another 2-3 weeks I hope.

One month - thats truly amazing. Keep it up. Youll take over the world in a few years.

DeadHippo,

But as you can see, there are still many pages ain't working yet... but I liked the way you set out your website. Very easy to navigate and looks very organised.

I've just been invited by Meta4 Group to include their Friend Finder function on my website, so I'll also be having that function soon under the header "Find Friends".

A forum should be coming soon too.

Do you have any suggestion for improvement ?

RockLee,

Thanks!, I've fixed the error now. I guess no matter how careful I am, is still impossible to find out all errors myself. So thanks for letting me know.

Hi all,

Is there any people that would be interested in writing articles or materials for my website ?

Also I welcome any suggestions to improve my website.

Thanks all

Hi All,

I've just finished adding a hotel search function within my website in the section "Find Hotels".

Tell me what you think

Thanks

Wow, looks great so far! I'll probably be using this website in the future. Good luck on getting everything up. What program(s) did you use to make this website?

Jobs in Japan

Hi everyone,

I've just finish adding a job search function on my website.

Please take a look and let me know how you think.

Thanks

Kurisuti,

Thanks for visiting my site. If you think there is improvement to it please let me know.

I've used only dreamweaver to create the site

Thanks Samuraitora,

I'm updating the site almost everyday, but probably it will take a couple more week to finish, so it won't be completed on 1st Dec like I've written on the site.

If you have any suggestion please let me know~

Back
Top Bottom