What's new

Mitsubishi Evolution Vs. Subaru WRX STi

well ill just have to say ounce dsm always dsm the evo feels better to me when i drive it ,but the sti is faster ,but for my vote id have to say the evo :eek:

in malaysia, STi are very rare, can't seems to find them, but the roads are crawling with EVOs... so can't compare much about them. am very excited about the new evo IX. hope it's a good one.
my pick goes to the evo.

I own a WRX, and love it. I only want the STi Engine and Drivetrain, everything except the body. Don't like Mitsubishi's customer service, or craftmanship, so I will never own a Mitsu. The problem I have with both cars on this thread is the UBER wing on either car. Without the wing, STi is badazzz in Black on black, with gold rims.
my .02

Twisted said:
The Lancer Evo is the more exclusive model though, as it's way more expensive then the STi. That's also why the Subaru has an image-problem. Every baseball-cap wearing kiddie who can afford one, has one.

Actually, the Lancer Evo is cheaper than the STi.

evasuka said:
Hey the STi is better for rally racing and that's what
i'm getting into so it's the way to go
besides it 4wheel drive

Also, contrary to popular belief, the Lancer Evo is the more chosen and dominant platform for rally racing worldwide. It performs better than the Impreza, especially when comparing the Evo IV-VI with the GC Impreza. The Evo is almost always chosen when the driver is allowed a choice between the two, and usually out-performs. The gap is being closed though with the current-gen models. Yes, subaru is doing slightly better than mitsubishi at the WRC level, but that cannot be applied to all rally racing.

I myself own a Subaru Impreza (1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS to be exact), and after knowing all the facts, I can tell you this.

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evo is the better racing platform. Hands down. It turns quicker and sharper, doesn't suffer from the understeer that the subaru does, and the 4G63 Engine is an absolutely fantastic engine that responds excellent to modifications and can take a lot of horsepower and torque. Ive gone through all the facts and the Evo is still ahead even today with the current horsepower difference in the USA market as well (they are both "officially" 276 hp in japan, but the subaru has 300hp in the USA).

The better daily driver is the STi. It has a better build quality and interior, and it doesn't have quite as harsh as a ride as the Evo. The Subaru is faster in a straight line stock than the Evo, but its not by much. Subarus are also known for being quite reliable while Mitsubishis are somewhat questionable.

As most journalists and pro racers agree, it all comes down to personal taste.

what I plan on buying is the Lancer Evo 7 I could care less what STI's can do I mean they are both drift cars and I think the Evo's are a lot cheaper than those expensive Subaru cars they have now. I'm going to stick with mitsubishi on this one but I'm not really sure now... well i drive a mitsubishi mighty max right now and those trucks run pretty long as far as I can tell. it's a '92 model and it's still going...

evasuka said:
Hey the STi is better for rally racing and that's what
i'm getting into so it's the way to go
besides it 4wheel drive

its not 4 wheel drive...... its all wheel drive, and so is the evo.... but i personally like the evo.... the sti has a tpo mounted intercooler. and heat rises..... so heat rises+ top mounted intercooler.... lots of loss of power.

ahh the eternal battle... personally i would go for an sti. sure the evo may be a smidge faster.. and a tad more nimble.. but if you know how to drive.. it matters not..

Subaru and tires, UGH.

I've had 5 Subarus so far and boy do they eat tires. Even worse , they use crappy Bridgestone tires which must be lined with gold for the prices they charge. I have yet to see a set of tires that lasted 40,000 miles. Because of the all-wheel-drive, you have to buy tires 2 or 4 at a time. Now they insist if you have over 10,000 miles on the tires and need 1 new one; you MUST buy 4 new ones so they are all the same size(because of the AWD). I have an appointment tomorrow to get 2 tires (1 bump on a curb, the tire tore and got a buldge); the cost will be $415 for 2 lousy Bridgestone tires. ALSO, they now have a policy that you must have the tires rotated every other oil change to prevent the horrible tire wear, and they charge you to have it done. I think my next vehicle will be a Jeep.

Uncle Frank

:(

@frank: I heard somewhere you'll have to get all 4 changed to be legally fine in case something happens. If you just change 1 tire, you're not ensured. It's the case here anyways. :/ (or in Finland...can't really remember)

Probably the same here.

@Frank: I heard somewhere you'll have to get all 4 changed to be legally fine in case something happens. If you just change 1 tire, you're not ensured. It's the case here anyways. :/ (or in Finland...can't really remember)

I had the feeling they would have forced me to get 4 tires if the car was not on a lease. Since they get it back in 3 years, it would have been dumb on their part to void the warranty. I also said if I had to get 4 tires, I would go somewhere else to buy them(hate Bridgestones) and they would have lost the sale. I hate all car dealers anyway, LOL. I can't wait till Ford makes a 4WD that gets good gas milage, then it will be good bye Subaru.

Uncle Frank

😊

well, if they would import what they use in rally i would be up for that awd focus they drive around. That my sir, is bad arse :)
Cast aluminum block and head construction. Transversally mounted.
1998 cm3 , 84.8mm bore 88mm stroke, water cooled Ford Zetec series. 300 Bhp@6500 rev/min, 550 NM@4000rev/min with 34mm turbo restrictor fitted. Compression ratio 9:1 Garrett AiResearch TR30R oil lubricated, water cooled turbo and intercooler. 2 OHC belt driven and solid tappets. 4 valves per cylinder. Oil cooler. Ford/Pectel T10 integral engine management (injection and ignition and differential control).
AND ITS 50/50 weight ratio!!!! ☝

I like cars with horse power for I am a big addicted to speed. I am not sure which car would beat one another in a race.

Back
Top Bottom