What's new

Mishima Yukio's last message

Kujira

Registered
26 May 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm writing a novel in which Mishima's hojo no umi plays an important role in the formation of the main character and I need a bit of help.

I was not able to find by myself the original japanese message that Mishima wrote on the envelope containing the manuscript of Tennin gosui, the english translation I have sounds: "human life is limited but I would like to live forever".
Can anybody help me, please? (A romaji transliteration would also be of great help)

Thank you very much.

you mean this one?

The Sea of Fertility-
海、名もないもの、地中海であれ、日本海であれ、目前の駿河湾であれ、海としか名付けないもので辛うじて統括さられながら、決してその名に服しない、この無名の、この豊かな、絶対のアナーキー。

日が曇るにつれて、海は突然不機嫌に瞑想的になり、鶯色のこまかい稜角に充たされる。薔薇の枝のように棘だらの波の茨でいっぱいになる。その棘自体にも、なめらかな生成の跡があって、海の茨は平滑に見えるのだ。

天人五衰 三島由紀夫

Thanks but no, this is not what I'm looking for.

The short message I meant is not actually part of the books, it is more like a sort of suicide note he left before leaving for Ichigaya.

限りある命ならば永遠に生きたい。
Kagiri aru inochi naraba eien ni ikitai.

Wikipedia says that it was written on a memo paper found in his study in his house, not on the envelope.

自決翌日の11月26日に、自宅書斎で、「限りある命ならば永遠に生きたい。 三島由紀夫」という遺書風のメモが見つかった。
三島由紀夫 - Wikipedia

Thanks but no, this is not what I'm looking for.

The short message I meant is not actually part of the books, it is more like a sort of suicide note he left before leaving for Ichigaya.

ok. I thought this sentence is an essence in his life

Back
Top Bottom