What's new

Mishima's Last Words...

Foivos

後輩
25 Dec 2005
Hi from Greece.

I'm making a history research on Yukio Mishima, and I'm trying to find his last speech from Ichigaya military base of the Jietai. Web search was fruitless, though.
Do you know where can I find a translation of that speech?

Many thanks in advance...

Foivos

Foivos said:
I'm making a history research on Yukio Mishima, and I'm trying to find his last speech from Ichigaya military base of the Jietai.
Mishima's short and unsuccessful Ichigaya speech goes like, "listen, quiet, listen to me" too often, with the abrupt and unimpressive end.

On the other hand, the "legendary" flier text is very well known and widely available, quite overrated as well.

Last edited:
窶督シ窶督ウ窶堋オ said:
On the other hand, the "legendary" flier text is very well known and widely available, quite overrated as well.

Thanks for your answer, but I don't know what's that "legendary" flier text. By "flier" you mean that sort of propaganda little piece of paper???? Anyway, I googled on this string but nothing really interesting came up. If you know a link , could u please post it?

Thanks anyway ;)

Foivos
ニ陳ウニ津?#943;ニ津?ニ津?#962;.

Foivos said:
Thanks for your answer, but I don't know what's that "legendary" flier text. By "flier" you mean that sort of propaganda little piece of paper???? Anyway, I googled on this string but nothing really interesting came up. If you know a link , could u please post it?

Thanks anyway ;)

Foivos
ニ陳ウニ津?#943;ニ津?ニ津?#962;.
I would be interested as well, although I believe that the speech he intended to deliver was written as a manifesto and the demands calling for the return of the emperor, end of the self-defence forces, a coup to end the constitutional government etc. were hung from a banner (this is the flier ?) for the soldiers below. A book is probably your best source -- I didn't do a search but I'm sure most of the links are general chronologies or literary histories since not many people are interested in his 'political' activities.

His very last words of course were "Long Live the Emperor (or His Majesty the Emperor), or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom