What's new

MBTI Personality Test

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
I believe we've had similar threads here on the forum before, but I admit I'm somehow fond of these personality tests. I found this one on another webmaster's site, it is based on the Myer's Briggs Typology system.

Here's a Beginner's Guide to MBTI. And here's where you take the test.

My results:

Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): |||||||||| 40.74%
Extroversion (E): ||||||||||||||| 59.26%

Intuition (N): ||||||||||| 45.16%
Sensation (S): |||||||||||||| 54.84%

Thinking (T): |||||||||| 40.91%
Feeling (F): ||||||||||||||| 59.09%

Judging (J): ||||||||||||| 52.94%
Perceiving (P): |||||||||||| 47.06%

Based on your answers, your personality type is most likely:
ESFJ - The Caregiver

Your first preference is toward extroversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with other people. Other people are often energized by your presence as well, and you're usually seen as a 'people person'. You likely have a knack for persuading others.

Your second preference is for sensation. Sensors are pragmatic, precise people who are very detail oriented. Instead of looking at the big picture first, Sensors concentrate on specifics. They highly value experience and often have an excellent memory.

Your third preference is for feeling. Feeling, in this sense, has little to do with emotion. Feelers look for the subjective qualities in a situation that give it meaning and importance. Feelers are often less concerned with precise facts and more about what's right and wrong.

Your fourth preference is for judging. Judgers are structured and organized, preferring an orderly environment over disorganization. They are decisive planners who like bringing closure to projects. Judgers often feel comfortable with deadlines and can easily work within them.

What about you?

IQ and personality tests are fundamentally flawed and always will be. They only test what they are looking for which is virtually never totally relevent to personality and/or intelligence when you consider they have so many facets and crossovers. I've had IQ tests thrown at me ever since school, through college, through university I've always been in the 130 band despite skipping nearly all of the math related material. If I could do the math related material even moderately I would be as smart as Albert Einstein was supposidly (according to the tests) I'm not so big headed I cant admit, that is utter bollocks. I've simply done well on what I've been tested on and thats the end of it, it doesnt make me a genius or a numbskull. Personality is even harder to measure than "IQ" in my opinion.

I came out as ISTJ ?

Uncle Frank

:?
Found this on wiki:
ISTJs are faithful, logical, organized, sensible, and earnest traditionalists who enjoy keeping their lives and environments well-regulated. Typically reserved and serious individuals, they earn success through their thoroughness and extraordinary dependability. They are capable of shutting out distractions in order to take a practical, logical approach to their endeavors, and are able to make the tough decisions that other types avoid. Realistic and responsible, ISTJs are often seen as worker bees striving steadily toward their goals. They take special joy in maintaining institutions and are often highly religious. Despite their dependability and good intentions, however, ISTJs can experience difficulty in understanding and responding to the emotional needs of others. [12]
Although they often focus on their internal world, ISTJs prefer dealing with the present and the factual. They are detail-oriented and weigh various options when making decisions, although they generally stick to the conventional. ISTJs are well-prepared for eventualities and have a good understanding of most situations. They believe in practical objectives, and they value traditions and loyalty.

Personality is even harder to measure than "IQ" in my opinion.

Online personality tests are what they are: pseudoscientific entertainment. I'm certain they show certain personal trends and proclivities, but I wouldn't base my career choice on any of them. The same probably applies to most IQ tests. I sometimes read horoscopes. Do I therefore believe in astrology? No, I don't.

Do I therefore believe in astrology? No, I don't.

But, but, but.....you live in Japan right? I mean all those palm reader's and fortune cookie tellers haven't told you you are wrong! OMG!

Introversion (I): |||||||||||||| 54.55%
Extroversion (E): ||||||||||| 45.45%

Intuition (N): ||||||||||||||||||| 76.32%
Sensation (S): |||||| 23.68%

Thinking (T): || 6.67%
Feeling (F): ||||||||||||||||||||||| 93.33%

Judging (J): |||||||||| 39.47%
Perceiving (P): ||||||||||||||| 60.53%

INFP - The Healer

Your first preference is toward introversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with your rich inner world. You tend to be reflective and contemplative. You likely prefer to have a few close friends instead of many acquaintances.

Your second preference is for intuition. Intuitives are interested in the more abstract side of life, concentrating less on specific details and more about meaning and patterns. Intuitives are naturally oriented toward concepts and can often make connections between complex sets of facts.

Your third preference is for feeling. Feeling, in this sense, has little to do with emotion. Feelers look for the subjective qualities in a situation that give it meaning and importance. Feelers are often less concerned with precise facts and more about what's right and wrong.

Your fourth preference is for perceiving. Perceivers are flexible and spontaneous, working in spurts of energy instead of pursuing strict deadlines. You often wait to make decisions in order to take in new information.

I used to read the tea leaves, but what do you know? They use tea bags nowadays...

Ah, darn this thread has few posts. Oh well, my mom showed me this a few years ago and I studied it quite a bit too. I wouldn't take it seriously, it's all for fun. I'm an INFP.^^

I've done this test several times before from different sites
and surprisingly myresult here is INFP, again. ._.

Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): ||||||||||||| 50%
Extroversion (E): ||||||||||||| 50%

Intuition (N): |||||||||||||||||| 71.43%
Sensation (S): ||||||| 28.57%

Thinking (T): |||||||||||||||| 65.38%
Feeling (F): ||||||||| 34.62%

Judging (J): ||||||||||||| 50%
Perceiving (P): ||||||||||||| 50%

INTP

Your first preference is toward introversion, which means that you get your energy from interacting with your rich inner world. You tend to be reflective and contemplative. You likely prefer to have a few close friends instead of many acquaintances.

Your second preference is for intuition. Intuitives are interested in the more abstract side of life, concentrating less on specific details and more about meaning and patterns. Intuitives are naturally oriented toward concepts and can often make connections between complex sets of facts.

Your third preference is for thinking. Thinkers prefer to remain objective, concentrating more on facts than subjective factors in a situation. Thinking types are usually very analytical and logical thinking comes easily for them.

Your fourth preference is for perceiving. Perceivers are flexible and spontaneous, working in spurts of energy instead of pursuing strict deadlines. You often wait to make decisions in order to take in new information.

phony bologna! lamiest test I ever see :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom