What's new

Masako Owada & Princess Aiko

Diana

後輩
29 Jul 2002
Just a few minutes ago I wrote a lengthy comment on Masako & added some links & asked for opinions & clicked Submit. The next instant, it was all GONE! A message told me I wasn't registered, and the Back button didn't help. So I'll be short this time, and add more comments later, after getting at least one response.

I'd like to hear opinions on Masako, whether she would have been better off not marrying Naruhito, and whether her daughter (Princess Aiko) should be allowed to ascend to the throne.

Here's a link:

So sorry for your trouble, Diana! Probably your cookie session expired. I just extended the session time to 30mins, that should give you enough time to post.
:)

Looking forward to your comments.

Thomas-san,
Thanks for your concern. I don't know what happened, but 30 min's should indeed be enough. This is a great forum, btw! I love it.

Princess Aiko ascending to the thrown won't be discussed properly until Masako is beyond the child birthing age. Until then the media is waiting to see what happens. Of course, no pressure for another year or so. Giving mommy more time to recoop.

Well, Masako is better off than her mother-in-law was. Michiko-sama went through hell. You can see the difference between pre-marriage and post-marriage. Her fire and spunk was beaten out of her by her mother-in-law. Passing of the soup spoon can be horrible in Japan at times. But from Michiko-sama to Masako it doesn't seem to be that bad since Michiko-sama knows the hell she went through.

There was a lot of talk at the time of their marriage. Especially, since Naruhito is such geeky looking guy. Most of Japan, thought he'd never be able to get married so when Masako came along. A big sigh of relief was felt through-out the country.

I didn't think they actually did until she was reported as being pregnant. Hmm, test tube baby?

I actually like his cat fish loving, bug driving brother. Although, it's reported that he's got a screw loose like his grand father the Taisho Emperor. Too bad, I like his anti-imperial stand. Although, he came back to the family.

cheers

See the latest official pics of Aiko-sama:

aiko3.jpg

Last edited:
wow i just realized i know less about japan than i originally thought. i didn't know they still had a royal family (sad isn't it?) this is great info guys thanx :)

sorry this is gonna sound stupid but whats the difference between imperial and royalty? i'm only use to royalty

That's a good question, Anastasia!
:)

royal => kings => kingdom

imperial => emperors => empire

It's difficult to differentiate (and for me to explain without consulting wise books, lol). Historially, emperors were political as well as religious leaders (or at least their religion's protectors), attributing their legitimacy to divine rights.

The Japanese tenno is actually the last emperor "in power". His functions are merely symbolic, but he still plays an important role in Shinto.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer, have to dig for more info.

wow, who would of thought that japan actually did have a royal family, sorry, but I'm used to saying royal, hope you don't mind.

Where I live, we "used" to have a kingdom as well, but that died out a long long time ago, before I was even born.

Malaika said:
wow, who would of thought that japan actually did have a royal family, sorry, but I'm used to saying royal, hope you don't mind.

Where I live, we "used" to have a kingdom as well, but that died out a long long time ago, before I was even born.
America?
... no you didn't :p

Swedish royal family is just something for the social elite (read: brats) here to brag about knowing. "oh yeah.. I was out partying with the crown princess last night... we went to spybar and drank 60 dollar drinks all night long."

USA formerly part of a Kingdom (subject to a King)

Yes they did,

Until 1776 America was part of the British Empire, therefore subject to King George III

saga said:
Yes they did,

Until 1776 America was part of the British Empire, therefore subject to King George III

The British Empire didn't "die out" :p there's still a king over there. you just left it.. and you were only a colony ;)

America was never a Kingdom. it was a colony under the rule of a Kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom