What's new

Luggage space on Shinkansen

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience/volumes/measurements regarding storage space on the Shinkansen. I will be using them a lot (every 4 days or so) to travel from city to city, and am taking a duffle-case which is 30"x20"x15", as well as my small backpack. I understand there is a space near the rear of most carriages where you can put luggage? Is this correct?

Just read this again and then looked up the dimensions of the holdall I took. It was 77 x 37 x 33cm and fitted perfectly on the overhead shelf. The only thing to factor in is that if you are getting on the train part way through it's route or at a busy time, then the space may be more limited.

I think there was a luggage compartment at the end of each carridge, but not 100%

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience/volumes/measurements regarding storage space on the Shinkansen. I will be using them a lot (every 4 days or so) to travel from city to city, and am taking a duffle-case which is 30"x20"x15", as well as my small backpack. I understand there is a space near the rear of most carriages where you can put luggage? Is this correct?

I used the same size case for my trip. The aisle space between the seats is very narrow and your case will barely fit through it. I didn't reserve seats so there were times I had to move from one carriage to another to find a free space at either the front of the carriage or the back of the carriage.

Back
Top Bottom