What's new

Looking for my friend from long ago

RockmanX

Kouhai
26 Oct 2015
If anyone can help me or point me in the right direction on this matter.

I had a best friend in High School the Name is Naoko Hoshika, and I found the only record that matched the name Hoshika and the two address she lived at, which we walked from the bus everyday since it was the way to my house, matched with a Keisuke Hoshika, which I can assume is her father.

I try to search all records for both in the states and Nothing else comes up. it would seem that they moved back to Japan, as I expected since Harrison it been for years a strong Japanese Community where business man from Japan worked in NYC their family place here due to train station with a very nice community and schools.

I cannot get the Kanji Spelling and I know that is so important to finding. All I have is here yearbook photo and approximate age. I am 33 and she was a grade below me in High school (class of 2001) but seems like I am at all I can gather.

I understand if nothing can be done about this, I just have to try and ask. I will post her photo and a very personal note she wrote me in my yearbook when I left for collage. I never realized how much of an impact I had on her life, or my abilty to impact others. Thank you for any help and for reading this post.
NaokoHoshikaHarrisonHighSchool2000Juniorclass.jpg

Checked on Facebook, which I'm sure you've already done, and the only Hoshika had a different maiden name. It's certainly a rare name. I asked three Japanese colleagues for possible kanji, they all agreed that Mike Cash's 星 was the most plausible for Hoshi but one colleague suggested 家 for ka.

Just a guess, but it could be 星加

There was Naoko Hoshika who ran in a 5k marathon (#420)

http://www.yoyogi-funrun.com/koukyo/141019/images/no.pdf

Wow, That's actually sounds like something she might of done. Thank you

Checked on Facebook, which I'm sure you've already done, and the only Hoshika had a different maiden name. It's certainly a rare name. I asked three Japanese colleagues for possible kanji, they all agreed that Mike Cash's 星 was the most plausible for Hoshi but one colleague suggested 家 for ka.

That is very helpful thank you. I have assumed she be married and have some kids (I be happy to know she doing good with her life :) ) which is one the best case scenario. Just Want to make sure even if its worse case and no longer with us.

Thank you both :)

There's a possible mention of her dad here in 2006: Piccadilly Kai
He doesn't appear to be depicted in the photos. If he was an expat in NYC it would not be unusual for him to move on to a place like London.

There's a possible mention of her dad here in 2006: Piccadilly Kai
He doesn't appear to be depicted in the photos. If he was an expat in NYC it would not be unusual for him to move on to a place like London.

Good find!

OP, you might try contacting them at the e-mail address at the bottom of Piccadilly Kai (index page) and asking if they have any contact information for her father.

Thank you :)

I did get an address and phone number in Japan:

[ Personal data removed ]

Now It's a chance its her, a chance, but best I got. How do I dial that number 011-81 then I get confused with the 0. I personally perfer to send a letter, just what's the right way when your reaching out to a possibility?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't include the first zero when calling from outside Japan and don't post other people's addresses and telephone numbers in public like that.

Back
Top Bottom