What's new

Looking for Business Engineering University

marcrocksus

Registered
20 Oct 2021
Greetings, this is my first post on this forum. I am currently, 1 year away from graduating my bachelor degree. I am currently studying in marketing major, though I just found out that I really have passion for motorcycles, but not as much as going in-depth engineering.

So I was wondering, if there is a engineering university in Japan that have Business/Engineering program. In case there is none, I was wondering if I could just attend business major in a well-known engineering university instead. Not sure if motorcycles/auto companies expect their marketers to be somewhat engaged in Engineering field.

TL;DR - I was just wondering if there is university that has business/engineering(or anything related to auto manufacturing) program

Marcrocksus,

Here are English-language graduate programs at the three universities in Japan (Tokyo) that I am familiar with. (I hope you are not planning to study at a program taught in Japanese.)

Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan

International Christian University in Tokyo, Japan

Temple University in Tokyo, Japan

Unfortunately, I do not see any programs at these three universities that look like what you want.

Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
(Business Engineering Major)

If you want to learn about cars.
There is a school run by Toyota.

Marcrocksus,

Here are English-language graduate programs at the three universities in Japan (Tokyo) that I am familiar with. (I hope you are not planning to study at a program taught in Japanese.)

Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan

International Christian University in Tokyo, Japan

Temple University in Tokyo, Japan

Unfortunately, I do not see any programs at these three universities that look like what you want.
Thank you very much. This really helps me making my decision. If I really want to study in program taught in Japanese, I need to spend extra years practicing them. Not sure if that is what I wanted

Marcrocksus,

To be bluntly honest, I do not think you have any chance of being admitted to a university program taught in Japanese. These programs are meant for native-speaking Japanese people who have spent years preparing for the required college entrance exams. The competition is quite severe.

I would go so far as to recommend you don't even try to take a Japanese-language college entrance exam. I think it would be best for you to try for a program taught in English instead.

Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
(Business Engineering Major)

If you want to learn about cars.
There is a school run by Toyota.
Thank you very much. For some reasons, I couldn't find business engineering major in the English site of Osaka University. I only saw it on the Japanese site. I guess this course is only taught in Japanese?

Marcrocksus,

To be bluntly honest, I do not think you have any chance of being admitted to a university program taught in Japanese. These programs are meant for native-speaking Japanese people who have spent years preparing for the required college entrance exams. The competition is quite severe.

I would go so far as to recommend you don't even try to take a Japanese-language college entrance exam. I think it would be best for you to try for a program taught in English instead.
I think I can imagine how competitive this entrance exam would be. I will try to find out more about these programs. Thank you so much for your recommendation and advice

Just out of curiosity, what is your reasoning behind wanting to attend university in Japan? Are you hoping to work in Japan eventually?

If so, I think it makes more sense to do your business/engineering degree in your own country, to study Japanese along with it, and then to study abroad in Japan once your Japanese language skills are better (and you can therefore network and reach out to the sort of motorcycle companies you'd be interested in working for).

Coming all the way to Japan from the start just to study in an English-language program seems like it would be counterproductive, unless there are simply no universities at all offering the sort of program you're looking for closer to home.

Thank you very much. For some reasons, I couldn't find business engineering major in the English site of Osaka University. I only saw it on the Japanese site. I guess this course is only taught in Japanese?
Probably it is thought that there is not the lecture in English.
Please ask Osaka University.

However, it is the course that is considerably attractive as it is the curriculum of the industry-university co-operation official.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom