What's new

looking for a job .. but ??

Suki-Yaki

焼肉わが家が一番
22 Jun 2004
Hi !

well , first I apologize for the too many new threads I am opening lately (boy Japan really is busy on new year...!)

I have been given my student visa and all I need now is to get a work permit in order to find myself a part-time job.

The past few days I've been looking , obviously a majority of English teaching jobs are available, but anyways.

Does anyone know where and how to look for jobs in japan ??? I already asked my friends for help but they seem really lazy for me. So I'd better search for myself , but I am not sure how to start . And what could be a possible job for me to do in Japan ??

Student Visa =! work permit

If you want to work get a working visa/working holiday visa/humanities visa/instructors visa etc etc.

VISA

I really don't have a problem with the visa since all I want is a part-time job and could be allowed of 4 hours of work with my visa ..

Yea, I've comfirm it with my embassy, you can work part-time with student visa within a certain time limit depending on the visa. You just need to get permission from the school and from the imigration bureau. Yes, student visa != work permit but work permit = full-time work != part-time work(or something like that). But I heard the permission is rather hard to get and can only be apply after 3 month of stay o.o?

well I have already stayed 3 months ho ho ho ho :p !!

And I don't think it7s at all difficult , since everyone I know has a part-time job . ....

Suki-Yaki said:
well I have already stayed 3 months ho ho ho ho :p !!

And I don't think it7s at all difficult , since everyone I know has a part-time job . ....

ehh? really? :sorry: in my case, almost everyone I know has a part-time job... *illegally* doing it tho, since they said its hard to get the permission :eek:
And back to the topic, to answer your question I've asked some of my friend in Japan about this(thus I cannot guaranty the validity of this info :sorry: sorry) and since all of them are not qualified to teach english(since Malaysia is not an english speaking country), most of them work at a gaijin bar and restaurant. Have you tried Hello Work? (I only know that its a job seeking agency).
But I think its better for a person with more experience and probably from your country help you in this case. Anyway I'll try to ask them somemore about this matter, since I'll probably be needing it too(going to Japan in 9 months)

Rio

Nobody will check your visa. YOu can work 40 hours a week if you want... they'll just use that as a reason to deport you if you get caught stealing, doing drugs, etc. Where do you live? Tokyo classified isn't a bad place to start.

And let's keep in mind the prohibition against re-entering Japan if deported. What's the period? Five years?

oh please let's not think of that ..

I would rather stick to the rules. I really worked hard to get here ,and am not willing to flush it all down the toilet for $$. Plus I can't work 40 hours a week , I have to study !!! :p

The Japan classified would be all in Japanese right ?? I am assuming they would require a Japanese ability so I think it's better to work for a non-japanese organization , if any ..

But I wonder is working in bars legal for a student in Japan ?? i don't know why I've got this scary idea about bars. So that's a place I never tried looking at ..

MikeCash san please enlighten us!! 🙂

I would like to be helpful, but I have no experience with this and no knowledge about it.

I'd go and get permission to work before looking for work, city hall or immigration office would be useful

Suki-Yaki said:
oh please let's not think of that ..

I would rather stick to the rules. I really worked hard to get here ,and am not willing to flush it all down the toilet for $$. Plus I can't work 40 hours a week , I have to study !!! :p

The Japan classified would be all in Japanese right ?? I am assuming they would require a Japanese ability so I think it's better to work for a non-japanese organization , if any ..

But I wonder is working in bars legal for a student in Japan ?? i don't know why I've got this scary idea about bars. So that's a place I never tried looking at ..

MikeCash san please enlighten us!! 🙂

*is not mikecash san* but from what I've ask at the embassy(in my country), its legal for a student to work any kind of job except for an adult-entertainment(?) related jobs(eg soapland or something similar). So I guess working in a normal bar is legal *but* I'm not really sure hahaha. :p

Well...if you can't speak Japanese well, the only choice would be to teach English or any other language you speak.

If you have the looks, you can try modeling, too! There are modeling agencies looking for foreigners to work as photography models or film extras... 😌

To look for jobs, buy the Monday issue of the Japan Times for starters... 👍

Back
Top Bottom