What's new

Letter in Kanji - need help with translation

Katharina

後輩
19 Oct 2008
Hello!
I must admit, I am not learning Japanese. But anyway I was asked by my grandmother to try and find out what is written in a document written in Japanese Kanji. I would have tried out by myself first, but I didn't really see an effective way how to identify the hand written signs in order to look them up, so I asked a Japanese teacher via e-mail and she told me it was a letter to "Herrn Werner Golz" (my grandfather - this was the only thing I could read ;-) ) wherein on September, 24th 1975 the head of the Japanese Shogi society, Masao Tsukada, thanked him for the promotion of Shogi in Germany.
Now that I know that, as a student of linguistics and being interested in languages and writing, I am very much interested in what exactly is written there and that's what I need your help for. So if someone would be so kind and either write an exact translation or even just type the Kanji characters for me so I can look them up myself, I would be really grateful :)
I attached the letter to this post.
Greetings from Germany,
Katharina

Attachments

• jap.jpg
    jap.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 192
Certificate of apprieciation.

Mr Hearn Wernerholtz

Over many long years you have accomplished an outstanding achievement in your efforts to popularize the Japanese shougi in the democratic republic of Germany.
It is here(this certificate) that I would like to show my deepest gratitude.

September 24 ,1975

Japan Federation of Shogi,

Chairman, Tukada Masao

Back
Top Bottom