What's new

last piece of advice

jieshi

Japaustralian
5 May 2004
hey guys, well it is only 5 days now until I leave for Japan... So i wanted to know if anyone here has a "last piece of advice for me?"

hope to hear from you :p

My advice is to make friends and wash your hands when you go to the restroom. Just kidding, have fun! 👍

don't make poo-poo in your trousers if they are white.

this one actually goes in most places, not just Japan.

Do you have your maps in both languages and and underwearing fanny bag ? The necklace type are the best if you ask me. Keep your passpost and documents in the fanny bag, not in your luggage. Take your personal medicine, prescriptions, spare glasses or lens, favorite softwares if you plan to use a PC, a backup of FAV's from your browser (IE, etc). No funny stuff though; they're very strict like anyplace else. :p Have fun there ! 🙂

Let Us Know When You Arrive Safe !!

Take lots of pics to share with us. Keep in touch with us here so we can enjoy you trip vicariously. Keep real busy so you don't get homesick. And most of all have a great time you lucky dog!

Frank

😊

Don't take any drugs with you, or weapons. Ceramic knives don't beep through the metal detector, but they show up on the x-ray. They keep metal knives in first class. :wavey:

do EVERYTHING you wouldn't do back in aussieland ;-) !! have a good time...and know there are people envying u ! *including me :p *

TwistedMac said:
don't make poo-poo in your trousers if they are white.

this one actually goes in most places, not just Japan.
MOST places. But I swear i've seen a few drunk Japanese salarymen break that rule.

Seriously. I know you're there to learn Japanese and the culture of the land and want Japanese friends, but don't ignore the foreign community. They are a great resource to fall back on and network through as they are all going through what you are in some way. Too often do some folks go there and ignore their fellow gaijin completely, almost snobishly, then when things fall apart and they want an understanding shoulder to lean on, they find themselves alone.

hehe thanks guys I like the advice im hearing. well now it is only one day until I leave. I leave tomorrow aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! nah out of 16 exchange students australia wide, I am the only one who isn't nervous. (could be saying I am very niave lol)

oh and if you want to see whats happening with me my blog is jesses japan student exchange blog

Steal a koala from the Toranga zoo :p sure the girls lov ya....

btw. if you see a guy called SEAN.. give him my email adress... he used to live in Mosman area near Crystal (F*cking carwash... used to work there myself 😌 )

ENJOY JAPAN :p

Back
Top Bottom