What's new

Laruku wallpapers + Melt Banana

Kaworu

後輩
26 Nov 2003
I'm searching sth interesting but I cannot find anything...
I wanna sth more ambitious than just their photo ::]. I cannot find words to describe what I really need but I it would be great if you have some propositions :).

---

Do you know Japanese group called "Melt Banana"? I was listening their new album named "Cell-scape" and I can tell one: their music is weird ,odd ,bizzare even but it's very interesting and proves that music musn't even has melodies :D ,it must just be interesting and has some kind of power. I don't know do other releases are so good as this new one but "Cell-scape" made my eyes open and understand finally what music really is 👏 .

And btw: do music like "Melt Banana" (I can say: noize with guitars ,percussion ,bass and strange vocals) are sth more common than I'm thinking? Because here it's pretty rare. I can compare it to band called "Blasted Mechanism" from Portugal which is very unknown in Poland and most European countries.

[] Blasted Mechanism official website: www.blastedmechanism.clix.pt
[] Melt Banana official website: www.parkcity.ne.jp/~mltbanan/
[] both need flash player!

Melt Banana has been touring through Europe last month. "Cellscape" is still quite friendly to the ear compared to their older work.

I suppose you could compare them to Atari Teenage Riot, but Melt Banana is less electronic.

It's basicly noisecore, which is not uncommon.
You might find more of these bands on this site: RotNRoll.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Thanks.
I already know that "Cell-scape" is a little "soft" album in their carrier and I don't think so that I can handle previous albums :giggle: . First of all they have better mix&mastering on "Cell-scape" ::].

Hmm... there are hundreds of bands... Why just "Melt Banana" is so popular? :eek:

Originally posted by Gaki
I saw melt banana live a few weeks ago, was good.

But it isn't an answer :D.
I belive that they are good besides that vocalist don't has so high voice on concerts but I want to know why THEY're so popular. If in Japan are hundreds of bands playing similiar music ,what is the reason?? :eek:

The vocalists voice was even higher in live.

Why are they popular ? Good record company.

Originally posted by Gaki
The vocalists voice was even higher in live.

Why are they popular ? Good record company.

Really? I heard several bootlegs and her voice always was poor compare with albums. But - sincerely - "Cell-scape" has good production. Of course I heard only a few albums from the past but I observe that only this new album has really good mix and mastering. Maybe I'm wrong ,I don't know...

Good record company? I will remember that ::].

Good management anyway. And luck. Once you get picked up by the international press and they're positive about you, it's much easier to build up a fanbase.

Melt Banana has also worked with other acclaimed artists such as Merzbow (they formed a group togehter called Merz Banana) and their tour with Fantoma's helped a lot as well. Mike Patton (Fantoma's vocalist and former Faith No More vocalist) has said some very positive things about Melt Banana, which automatically earns you a lot of credit with the public.

Back
Top Bottom